closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pre-owned Sub ND??

Craftsman

Pre-owned Sub ND??

Thinking of buying a pre-owned sub. Date or ND not fussed

I've come across a full set example ND from 2000 that's had a recent Rolex service and had a new bracelet, bezel and crystal.

Obviously Rolex haven't returned any of the old parts. The owner has owned it since it was 1 year old bit obviously worn it daily for it to have needed all those parts.

Just wondered people's thoughts on this as opposed to a clean example but all original still

Seller is after £6200 but might be able to chip him a few hundred

I just had a quick look on Chrono24 earlier. Looks like around £5250 is the bottom price now 14060/m for anything in Europe. Add the cost of a Rolex service and you're not far off the 6k mark.

From that era, I wouldn't be particularly bothered. I could be wrong, but I think the parts will be pretty much like for like. Any pics?

The service is obviously worth something so you'd be getting what is effectively a new watch for about the going rate.

However, there are far greater Rolex experts than I on this forum though so I'm prepared for a flamin'.

Master
    My 16610 is from 2006 and in 2016 the previous owner had it serviced by Rolex. The cost was just over a £1000 and included a new clasp and crystal. As the new owner I enjoy the positive closure which snaps shut like a new watch. I cant comment on the crystal. The key thing is service upgrades maybe bad for a say a vintage 5513 if the change hands dial etc, but on 5 and 6 digit watches I personally feel its less of an issue.

Master
    I don’t think that is too far out given that it is freshly serviced with a new bracelet.

Service cost is c.£500 to which you need to add cost of bracelet which I imagine will approach four figures.

Just wondering though what necessitated the new bracelet, they are as tough as old boots!

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Thinking of buying a pre-owned sub. Date or ND not fussed

I've come across a full set example ND from 2000 that's had a recent Rolex service and had a new bracelet, bezel and crystal.

Obviously Rolex haven't returned any of the old parts. The owner has owned it since it was 1 year old bit obviously worn it daily for it to have needed all those parts.

Just wondered people's thoughts on this as opposed to a clean example but all original still

Seller is after £6200 but might be able to chip him a few hundred
    Do you particularly want an older reference? A brand new Sub no date would cost you less than that- shouldn't take too long to get one?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Master
    shouldn't take long to get. but might prove hard. It really out to be tried though, but try in a mndset that doesn't get you pee'd off if it proves tough.

Journeyman
    Are you still looking for a sub date ?

QUOTE=forest172;5150753]Thinking of buying a pre-owned sub. Date or ND not fussed

Seller is after £6200 but might be able to chip him a few hundred[/QUOTE]

Craftsman
    Got quite a collection of 6 digit rolex's. Was looking for a nice example of a 5 really to add to my collection

PM what you have