closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-25 Replacement Bracelet

Apprentice

PRS-25 Replacement Bracelet

Hello all,

I am just sharing my Everest 36 with the addition of a new bracelet from Strapcode. The install was not super straight forward, but I decided to share it anyways as we know how many complaints the stock bracelet/clasp have gotten.

For the install I used the 20mm SKX013 Strapcode jubilee bracelet. When installing the bracelet with the provided spring bars (and ones from original bracelet), the spring bars did not fit in both sides of the lugs at the same time. The solution to this was to use 1.5mm curved spring bars instead. This allowed both ends to secure tightly to the watch body.

Below are some pictures of my watch on the new bracelet. The fitment isn't perfect, but its close enough for me. Remember that YMMV.

https://imgur.com/a/RsqGWdS

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

What's the correct term for these endlinks?

Apprentice
    Thank you both for the welcome! Glad to be here after lurking for so long :)

I have always called them endlinks. More specifically, they are curved, screwd, and solid end links. Hopefully this helps

Are jubilee endlinks more usually female? ie with two little gaps? The two prominent ribs here are equal to the lugs, I wondered if that specific style has a name.

Master
    Looks good. I started another thread about fitting end links before I saw this one. Any tips on getting a good fit?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Are jubilee endlinks more usually female? ie with two little gaps? The two prominent ribs here are equal to the lugs, I wondered if that specific style has a name.
    I guess I would call them attached/detached endlinks. Attached meaning the ones you see here and detached meaning with the gap. I do not know if there is an official name but that's what I'll be using.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Looks good. I started another thread about fitting end links before I saw this one. Any tips on getting a good fit?
    As far as tips go, I would say apart from having a dremel (and a lot of patience/nerve), finding the correct curved links that play nice with our case back would be the biggest challenge. The SKX013 case shape is fortunately very close to ours, so most aftermarket or 1st party bracelets should work. If the holes in the lugs do not match the endlink, a curved springbar might be your only fix like in my case.

Apprentice
    Hello all!
    New forum member here. I recently purchased a 36mm Smiths Everest PRS-25 036/11 from another collector. I am looking to upgrade the bracelet.

I recently sold my Ginault Ocean Rover, but I loved that bracelet (20mm to 16mm taper, Glidelock-clone, very comfortable). Does anyone know if the Smiths PRS-25 would accept the Ginault bracelet? Both have 20mm lug widths... I have heard others fitting the Ginault on a Seiko Alpinist, Halios Seaforth, Hamilton Khaki Automatic... all of these are 20mm lug widths...)

I also know Eddie is planning on a tapered bracelet on the new 36mm version this Fall. I’m not sure if he’ll sell the bracelet separately.

Many thanks!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1178 View Post
    Hello all!
    New forum member here. I recently purchased a 36mm Smiths Everest PRS-25 036/11 from another collector. I am looking to upgrade the bracelet.

I recently sold my Ginault Ocean Rover, but I loved that bracelet (20mm to 16mm taper, Glidelock-clone, very comfortable). Does anyone know if the Smiths PRS-25 would accept the Ginault bracelet? Both have 20mm lug widths... I have heard others fitting the Ginault on a Seiko Alpinist, Halios Seaforth, Hamilton Khaki Automatic... all of these are 20mm lug widths...)

I also know Eddie is planning on a tapered bracelet on the new 36mm version this Fall. I’m not sure if he’ll sell the bracelet separately.

Many thanks!

You may be able to try it like I did. You can see if 013 bracelets fit the Alpinist, and if so, you may be able to fit this. My fix was curved spring bars, which may be the cure all for Seiko bracelets that don't fit just right.