closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazon Prime Day

Amazon Prime Day

Anyone else looking at these and having problem?

For Deals where there's multiple products (e.g. '32% off Garmin Wearables') I click 'View Deal', the various items are shown but on selecting that item seems no way to buy it at the reduced price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Anyone else looking at these and having problem?

For Deals where there's multiple products (e.g. '32% off Garmin Wearables') I click 'View Deal', the various items are shown but on selecting that item seems no way to buy it at the reduced price.
    Works fine here on iPad app. I’m telling myself I’m only buying things I was going to buy anyway 🤔

It was playing up alright... Full price when you went into the detail, but it's all OK now.

Master
    Time to buy lots of things you don’t need!

Bought the new Amazon Echo show5 for £49, the Echo Dot in the living room seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis and it’ll be a more usable replacement.
    Had a good browse but don’t really need another gadget. I see the Ketler Midi storage shed is down to £59 again, snapped one up last year.

Bosch PSB 1800 drill is a bargain at £49.99

iPhone XR 64Gb at £639
    Last edited by hogthrob; 15th July 2019 at 09:29.

All good now!

Master
    Anyone got the Echo show? Thinking of getting one for the kitchen - are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Anyone got the Echo show? Thinking of getting one for the kitchen - are they any good?
    I have one in the kitchen. It's a useful expansion of Alexa's capabiliries. You can watch films on it, for example. Bear in mind it has a camera, so is also a usefull expansion of its spying abilities. I joked about that with my wife. She laughed, I laughed, Alexa laughed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I have one in the kitchen. It's a useful expansion of Alexa's capabiliries. You can watch films on it, for example. Bear in mind it has a camera, so is also a usefull expansion of its spying abilities. I joked about that with my wife. She laughed, I laughed, Alexa laughed.
    And I laughed too .... 😄

What a load.....

Bought 4 show 5s on Friday at the pre prime day price thinking that they wouldn’t be reduced as they are fresh out, woke up this morning to see that they had been reduced again, phone call to amazon and the only way to do it was for me to return my ones and then re-order

You would think the simple thing would be to refund me the difference

They work very well, I have them in both kids rooms and the lounge and playroom - makes spying on kids dead easy!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    They work very well, I have them in both kids rooms and the lounge and playroom - makes spying on kids dead easy!!!
    Hmm - maybe I should get a couple then

Master
    If anyone fancies an SSD the Samsung Evo 860 1TB is down to £99 which is the chepaest they have ever been.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ-.../dp/B078WST5RK

Apple just took my pants down, again.

Plus some Lego for l’enfant

Craftsman
    There are some Lafuma garden recliners for a good price

Master

Amazon Prime Day

Oculus Go VR headset £159 from £199, not bad! Tried one recently and it’s surprisingly good, if you have any use for such a thing. Worth it just for Google Maps in VR.

EDIT - I meant Google Earth and the Go can’t do it! Still good though at this price.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 16th July 2019 at 15:20.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    What a load.....

Bought 4 show 5s on Friday at the pre prime day price thinking that they wouldn’t be reduced as they are fresh out, woke up this morning to see that they had been reduced again, phone call to amazon and the only way to do it was for me to return my ones and then re-order

You would think the simple thing would be to refund me the difference
    Call centre is hit an miss. They’re just following the script. I ordered an Apple Watch strap and received an empty box. Which they wanted me to return until logic prevailed that it wasn’t worth the reverse logistics for 5quid... I’d try the call centre again or failing that order 4 more wait for them to arrive and then hit the return the sealed new ones on older ones at previous price assuming you’ve set them up. It’ll tie up 200quid for a few days but easier then returning the ones you’ve already opened.

Laphroaig quarter cask and smokehead whisky £25 a bottle, full of peaty goodness

Amazon Firestick 4K reduced to £24.99 (from 49.99). Also, if you subscribe to Amazon Audible beforehand, you get a £10 voucher which will take the price down further to £14.99. Obviously you then cancel audible when the order goes through.
    Last edited by zippy; 16th July 2019 at 02:35.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Amazon Firestick 4K reduced to £24.99 (from 49.99). Also, if you subscribe to Amazon Audible beforehand, you get a £10 voucher which will further take the price down to £14.99. Obviously you then cancel audible when the order goes through.
    I’ve got one of these coming tomorrow. I’m hoping it will give me a superb picture on my new OLED.

Bought a bottle of 12 year old Strathisla, a bottle of Glenrothes and some Harry Potter Lego for the wee fella.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I’ve got one of these coming tomorrow. I’m hoping it will give me a superb picture on my new OLED.
    I bought a new 4K fire stick only to discover that my new OLED TV did 4K Netflix and amazon prime anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Why is the Echo Show better than the Fire Tablet with hands free Alexa ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Bought a bottle of 12 year old Strathisla, a bottle of Glenrothes and some Harry Potter Lego for the wee fella.
    And did ye no get anything fer yerself? :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Laphroaig quarter cask and smokehead whisky £25 a bottle, full of peaty goodness
    Thanks for that!

Bought Select without realising at Waitrose on deal at £25, only after tasting did I realise it was different.

Looking forward to the peat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Thanks for that!

Bought Select without realising at Waitrose on deal at £25, only after tasting did I realise it was different.

Looking forward to the peat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, select is not great, it's a toned down version to appeal to the masses, i prefer my full bonfire medicinal laphroaig. The smokehead is good too, allegedly a young Ardbeg or lagavulin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad View Post
    Why is the Echo Show better than the Fire Tablet with hands free Alexa ?
    I don’t know, why IS the Echo Show better than the Fire Tablet with hands free Alexa ?

Master
    Just checked on the progress of my Firestick order to take advantage of the Prime TV offering.

ORDER PLACED - 16 July 2019

Arriving Fri, 30 Aug

That legendary Amazon Prime next day delivery!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Just checked on the progress of my Firestick order to take advantage of the Prime TV offering.

ORDER PLACED - 16 July 2019

Arriving Fri, 30 Aug

That legendary Amazon Prime next day delivery!
    I had that experience last year. Ordered some tshirts and shorts to wear on holiday in August...the last of them eventually arrived at the start of September.

The call centre were no help at all, only options were to wait or cancel the orders.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by esulp View Post
    I had that experience last year. Ordered some tshirts and shorts to wear on holiday in August...the last of them eventually arrived at the start of September.

The call centre were no help at all, only options were to wait or cancel the orders.

I did contemplate trying to contact them but not sure I can bear the thought!

I can understand there being some backlog but 6 weeks is beyond a joke.

More fool me for funding their evil empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Oculus Go VR headset £159 from £199, not bad! Tried one recently and it’s surprisingly good, if you have any use for such a thing. Worth it just for Google Maps in VR.

EDIT - I meant Google Earth and the Go can’t do it! Still good though at this price.
    This post cost me £200!... But it's a great VR experience. The app 'Wander' gives you full on 360 degree Google maps on the Oculus Go. Very impressive stuff, given its a standalone unit.