closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got the unexpected AD call today - Rolex content

Craftsman

Got the unexpected AD call today - Rolex content

I eventually got a call from my AD, not necessarily my first choice watch, but an opportunity for first refusal for a CHNR, which has been on my list.

I decided to take the watch, which is stunning in the flesh by the way! Then there was a twist, my AD walked away for several minutes and came back with a white face Sky Dweller Steel for me to try on, this was after he heard about my grumblings with being put off by Rolex long waiting times.

This was a dilemma for me, since the blue face has been what I have been after. However, the white face Sky D really is a stunner, for me anyway.. So I accepted both and walked out a little lighter in the wallet, but very happy with the choices.. not sure which to wear first. :-)

I am fortunate for the opportunities, and quite a surprise. Here they are:

CHNR by KP Si, on Flickr

Sky D by KP Si, on Flickr

CHNR is a stunning watch. Skydwellers are an acquired taste imho so it's more subjective.
    Happy Sunday!

Craftsman
    An expensive Sunday that. Two great watches, enjoy !

Master
    Congrats - both great watches.

I’m fortunate enough to have some hard to get watches, but it’s my white skydweller that gets more compliments than the rest of them put together.

Very nice. The CHNR is a corker. Two watches in the same day you must be on the sofa double wristing!

Craftsman
    The stealth complications and bezel setting mechanism really make the Skydweller for me. Without those, I don’t think it would capture my interest.

Hopefully one day, I’ll have the opportunity to try one.

Love that CHNR. Both lovely. Enjoy

Master
    Never been taken by the Skydweller personally but that is lovely.

Craftsman
    The CHNR is a stunner, enjoy them both!

Very nice.

I love the Sky-Dweller in steel.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Thanks all.

Appreciate the comments.

Been an evening of determining how to set different timezones, reading the manuals and just looking at the watches. Chnr is an absolutely lovely watch, but there is something about the sky-d that just keeps distracting me from the chnr.

Phenomenal

I say this every time I see one on here, but the chnr is to be my 50th pressie to myself.

How long was the wait? I suspect you have a pretty good AD relationship though!

Nice pick ups. Sky Dweller in white is lovely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Very nice. The CHNR is a corker. Two watches in the same day you must be on the sofa double wristing!
    LOL not quite sure he’s that excited

Superb looking watches!

both look amazing, i prefer the Skydeweller in blue but great catches!

Is it just me that would never walk out of a shop with 2 expensive watches on the same day?
    I can't see double the pleasure to be gained, or double the time period 'till the urge to buy re-appears.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Is it just me that would never walk out of a shop with 2 expensive watches on the same day?
    I can't see double the pleasure to be gained, or double the time period 'till the urge to buy re-appears.
    I understand what you mean but for many people it seems to be about one-up manship, in a couple of months someone will be telling us about the three Rolex watches they bought on the same day.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Double the profit?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    LOL not quite sure he’s that excited
    Keeps them fully wound mind. Er, so I’ve been told.

Craftsman
    Sorry if my post seemed like "boasting", that was not the intent.. Nor is my intent to profiteer, I have had many opportunities for that, but i'm not interested...

Actually, I enjoy collecting watches, and I feel fortunate to be able to add these to my collection..

Yes, I appreciate it's not something I could do everyday, but then its not everyday I get offered the watches I have been after in a single visit, these have been on my list for quite a while.. Think that's me done for this year.. :-)

Read what you will, but my intent was to share my experience and enjoyment with others who enjoy watch collecting...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Double the profit?
    You really are a complete tw.t.

Craftsman
    Thank you to all the complimentary replies... Appreciate it..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The blue dial SkyD would have been the ultimate set, but you did good nonetheless.👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    The blue dial SkyD would have been the ultimate set, but you did good nonetheless.
    Thank you. Yes, the blue dial is a nice piece and would have loved to have had that.. I have quite large wrists, and it fits nicely..

Mind you, this will be my only white faced dial in the collection and is certainly growing on me... My wife has asked to resize the root beer so she can wear it.. not sure how I feel about that. :-) at least it would get worn more often...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    Thank you. Yes, the blue dial is a nice piece and would have loved to have had that.. I have quite large wrists, and it fits nicely..

Mind you, this will be my only white faced dial in the collection and is certainly growing on me... My wife has asked to resize the root beer so she can wear it.. not sure how I feel about that. :-) at least it would get worn more often...
    Wife....watch...slippery slope. Not sure I would be at all comfortable with that!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Wife....watch...slippery slope. Not sure I would be at all comfortable with that!

I feel the same... not sure how to say NO!!!!

Whenever I try, I just cant get myself to say NO! I think she knows deep down that I'd rather not..

Craftsman
    Very very cool.. Both are very nice...Big congrats on the pick-up...Nothing beats a rolex...
    Guillermo

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    Sorry if my post seemed like "boasting", that was not the intent.. Nor is my intent to profiteer, I have had many opportunities for that, but i'm not interested...

Actually, I enjoy collecting watches, and I feel fortunate to be able to add these to my collection..

Yes, I appreciate it's not something I could do everyday, but then its not everyday I get offered the watches I have been after in a single visit, these have been on my list for quite a while.. Think that's me done for this year.. :-)

Read what you will, but my intent was to share my experience and enjoyment with others who enjoy watch collecting...
    It didn’t and don’t let it worry you or diminish your pleasure. We are all guilty of exuberance when we acquire a watch ( in your case two watches ) we have wanted and feeling the need to share our pleasure. Nothing wrong with that.
    There are times when it sounds boastful or is done with an intent to profiteer but your post certainly doesn’t come across as such. Enjoy the watches.

Wow, both lovely watches. I do like the Rolex TT sports watches having owned a few myself and that GMT does look good as does the Skydweller. I do like a white dial watch.

I was on a reserve list earlier this year for a watch (different brand, different price point completely), but getting the nod that there is one for you is a great feeling.

Very happy for you. You should have asked if there was a Ceramic Daytona in the back of their safe 😂

Ignore the trolls. They are becoming the downfall of this great forum. Two absolutely amazing watches you are very lucky to get both in one visit! Enjoy them!

Question is.. if you resize for the wife will you ever get it back??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Very nice. Not really a fan of two tones but the chnr really works well

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'd say that must have been a nice day at the AD's...........albeit an expensive one! Walking out with two Rolex is quite some coup these days I imagine.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great watches. Congrats

Blog Entries
    They are both great watches and pleased you got them. Double the enjoyment I reckon!
    Don’t worry about the jealous and anti Rolex comments, some just can’t help themselves.
    As for letting the missus use one, perhaps for ‘special occasions’ !! Although I doubt it will work😂
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Congratulations on your double purchase! Just ignore those seeking to rain on your parade. No doubt you have worked hard to get yourself into a position where you can purchase these beautiful timepieces so enjoy every moment you have with them. I'm really pleased for you. Congratulations!

Craftsman
    Thank you to all the positive comments! It's very much appreciated.d.

Now for the wife wanting to wear the Root beer, that's a real dilemma! I am going to tell her I don't know how to resize the bracelet, somehow I just don't think that's going to work.. Ah well. At least it gets worn at the same time as the Sky D.

They’re both great watches and I didn’t get any ‘boasting’ vibes from your post. Just excitement, which is entirely understandable!

Re the wife thing. The same thing is happening to me right now. Admittedly completely different watches at a different price point but still a bit worrying. I thought this interest in watches was MY hobby. Not sure I want to share it with anyone....!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    They’re both great watches and I didn’t get any ‘boasting’ vibes from your post. Just excitement, which is entirely understandable!

Re the wife thing. The same thing is happening to me right now. Admittedly completely different watches at a different price point but still a bit worrying. I thought this interest in watches was MY hobby. Not sure I want to share it with anyone....!

It's becoming a "shared" hobby, I wish I had a similar passion for handbags and shoes! Somehow, I don't think my wife would be too happy if I did.

Wow, what a day. Congratulations

Sent from my CLT-L29 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Congrats on the double purchase. It’s great to see something like this still occurring! I’m assuming your a regular customer at the AD?

I was at an AD on saturday and saw a father & son pick up a CNHR for the son, nothing out the ordinary apart from the fact the son looked like he was 15. Wish I could have had a watch like that when I was 15 lol

The CHNR is stunning, I bought mine back in March, congratulations.

Journeyman
    Congrats both great watches. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Enjoy - my preferred watch of the two is the root beer, as you call it :) Presumably you got a very good deal on buying the two?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenny1969 View Post
    Enjoy - my preferred watch of the two is the root beer, as you call it :) Presumably you got a very good deal on buying the two?

I'm afraid there was no discount. :-( seems like a long time ago when discounts use to be offered...

Recently only had discounts offered on the DJ's or solid gold pieces. including the Rose Day Date olive dial.. But it's cheaper to get these at Duty Free, but not always.

Master
    Congratulations! For my money, the CHNR is the best looking of all the current Rolex sports watches - the black, brown and gold combine beautifully. I find the TT bracelets a little too much so, personally, I'd put it on a black Everest asap.

Craftsman
    congratulation, lovely watches.