closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric company car Kia or Hyundai?

Master

Electric company car Kia or Hyundai?

Hi all

I’m seriously considering replacing my ageing Mitsubishi phev and going full electric due to the 2% bik next year. With cheap rates on the horizon I’d say this will sway a lot of people that way.

Looking at the Hyundai Kona electric or the Kia e niro which seems to get a good write up.

Both have realistic 250 mile ranges I’m just wondered if anyone on the forum has one yet and can give some reviews of use so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    From what I have read and seen on YouTube the Kia is the better buy.
    Unless something else better comes out within the next three years the E Niro will be my next taxi.

Both the Kona and Niro are good but the Volkswagen id3 will also be a good shout later this year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Really useful article that and looks like I’ve picked 2 good ones

Master
    Thanks all I’ve seen both cars and not much in it apart from I slightly prefer the looks and interior on the Hyundai

Master
    Your main problem isn't in choosing the car, it is in planning those longer trips where you find a scarcity of recharging locations, finding them occupied or even just out of order. Or the ones where some infernal-combustion-powered car is parked in the recharging bay because it was the one nearest the door! (Yes it has happened) I'm not convinced the UK is quite ready for electric cars yet (with the possible exception of Tesla) and things have to change quickly. Currently it isn't suitable for me.

Master
    I’m really lucky that most of the places I visit and my own place of work have a lot of charging points, everyone is going hybrid or full electric now

Done hybrid and now I want electric

Have to plan my current journeys the Mitsubishi is so bad on fuel it’s about 250 miles off a tank max anyway lol

If you're ever passing Milton Keynes then it's worth popping into the shopping centre where they have an EV Experience store.

You can have hire an EV for 4 days for around £80 too so will give you a good opportunity to see the real world capabilities.

They had either a Hyundai or Kia (sorry I can't remember which one!) available too

Master
    I worked in a Kia dealer until recently and there will be slight differences between the cars despite being the same company, pick the one with the spec you prefer but also check the warranty, the are different on other cars in the range, oh and order early, long waiting list.

Journeyman
    There is a recent video on YouTube on waiting times; circa 12 months or more on the most popular models if I remember correctly.

Blog Entries
    Both brands here in Holland have tons of cars 'in stock' for quick delivery. All loaded with options for an interesting deal, but limited colours. Both brands are selling cars like hot cakes.

Menno

Master
    Neither of them are available yet on my salsac scheme at work, but I imagine the pricing will be very tempting when they are since an e-tron is only £520 p/m net cost, fully maintained and insured.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Wish we had salary sacrifice we live in the dark ages and I have to sort the tax issues retrospectively.. always get a rebate but it’s the principal of it

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    Your main problem isn't in choosing the car, it is in planning those longer trips where you find a scarcity of recharging locations, finding them occupied or even just out of order. Or the ones where some infernal-combustion-powered car is parked in the recharging bay because it was the one nearest the door! (Yes it has happened) I'm not convinced the UK is quite ready for electric cars yet (with the possible exception of Tesla) and things have to change quickly. Currently it isn't suitable for me.
    Have you got an EV? As the reality is this is not the case.

There are a decent number of chargers now and lots more being added almost daily and the are less iceing incidents, as awareness grows. Lots of great EVs and Tesla are not the only option.