closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holiday compensation/medical bills claim-help!

Holiday compensation/medical bills claim-help!

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Why didn't you take out holiday insurance?.A small amount to pay considering your holiday cost 6k!.Maybe this confirms why holiday insurance is something you need to take out.
    We see those that need to be flown home in a very expensive air ambulance jet and then do crowd funding to ask others for help because they decided not to pay the insurance!.

What would you say if someone hit you car who also had no insurance,or even you had no insurance and hit someone........it seems to me certain insurance is totally acceptable and a crime not to take out,and yet holiday insurance isn't seen the same!!.......why?.
    He’s said he forgot.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 16th July 2019 at 12:33.

Well in our case we book the holiday and the insurance immediately after,that's because right up until the date you travel you may need to cancel or whatever.This has just happened with what would have been our next holiday to Greece in September,can't go now as the Wife will soon be having her hip operation.

Good job we took out insurance hey...
    Well done you

Master
    Have you checked on Trip Advisor for others getting ill at the same hotel? Lots of posts re Tui hotels in Los Gigantes and they were not very helpful in that instance. Tui seem to do well when things go right but wriggle a lot when things go wrong!

the 6k level of care is free in the Uk for anyone and everyone. The patient probably would not be put in a ward but rather have IV fluid pushed in in A&E and then home if all was well. God bless the NHS. God save the Queen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    the 6k level of care is free in the Uk for anyone and everyone. The patient probably would not be put in a ward but rather have IV fluid pushed in in A&E and then home if all was well. God bless the NHS. God save the Queen.
    Rather God bless the UK taxpayer
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Why didn't you take out holiday insurance?.A small amount to pay considering your holiday cost 6k!.Maybe this confirms why holiday insurance is something you need to take out.
    We see those that need to be flown home in a very expensive air ambulance jet and then do crowd funding to ask others for help because they decided not to pay the insurance!.

What would you say if someone hit you car who also had no insurance,or even you had no insurance and hit someone........it seems to me certain insurance is totally acceptable and a crime not to take out,and yet holiday insurance isn't seen the same!!.......why?.
    Jeez, if you bothered to read the thread the OP has said over and over again that he simply forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    All swimming pools have water lapping around peoples' shitty arses, babies crapping in it, puking in it. Loads of other ways to be at the wrong end of faecal-oral transmission. I don't expect that the cross infection control is up to hospital standards.

You can contract norovirus, for example, from getting the faeces or vomit of an infected person in your mouth,
    Easy Tiger!
    There is no need for that... You just put me right off my tea and crumpets!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Well done you
    Id have thought it perfectly normal to do that,I assume you do that with your vehicle.

No need for your smart arse reply.I was just stating what We do and what should be the next logical step after spending a nice sum of money on a holiday nothing out the ordinary there......or maybe it is in your case.

But here we see what happens when you don't do that!,so which would you say is the best way to avoid this situation........I'm all ears,anything better I'd be interested to know your opionion.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Jeez, if you bothered to read the thread the OP has said over and over again that he simply forgot.
    Where does it say "He simply forgot" ?,can you perhaps show me that,we have to be clear if your assuming I didn't read it correctly!.

He doesn't actuall say he "forgot" but we all know he didn't take out the insurance,the "why" is the reason for the post & his predicament.

wouldn't be quite the same with your car would it.

Sorry officer Yes I bought the vehicle yesterday for 20k and totally forgot about the insurance!.

We tend not to forget that little detail do we........

Nevertheless an awful situation to be in and one that happens frequently I'd guess,let's hope he gets sorted whatever or however.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 17th July 2019 at 10:47.

Master
    The reforms to Personal Injury claims have made a lot of good law firms look at holiday sickness claims and there's been a massive rise in such claims, some of which are entirely fictitious but that doesn't take away from the genuine ones.

I'd be giving Irwin Mitchel or Optimum (a member here) a shout - advice@optimumlaw.co.uk

My sister in law contracted Legionaries disease last summer from a shower head in her Majorcan hotel . She was initially told to forget any form of compensation as she also didn’t have travel insurance .
    After a bit of digging, it became apparent that a few others had also been struck down . This was taken to a solicitor and subsequently to the travel operator . Suffice to say , she has a considerable sum heading her way .
    Keep at it OP . Nobody deserves that

Where does it say "He simply forgot" ?,can you perhaps show me that,we have to be clear if your assuming I didn't read it correctly!.

He doesn't actuall say he "forgot" but we all know he didn't take out the insurance,the "why" is the reason for the post & his predicament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Mate you don’t have to remind me re. travel insurance. I can assure you it wasn’t to save the cost of the insurance, I simply forgot to book any.

wouldn't be quite the same with your car would it.

Sorry officer Yes I bought the vehicle yesterday for 20k and totally forgot about the insurance!.

We tend not to forget that little detail do we........

"Shit happens".. in this case both literally and figuratively.