closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Electric car

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    228

    Electric car

    I will be getting my house rewired soon and I am thinking about getting a car charging point fitted , is there anything I should watch out for ?


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  2. #2
    Grand Master VDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whitehole
    Posts
    18,636
    A neighbour charging his from your power point at night?
    BREAKING: Iranian boats attempted to sink a British oil tanker in the Gulf of Tonkin.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    A neighbour charging his from your power point at night?
    With the new smart chargers you can monitor what it uses and when.

    You can look at a higher wattage circuit to charge the car faster, but I find my 7KW is fine for mine

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Leics/Notts border
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    I will be getting my house rewired soon and I am thinking about getting a car charging point fitted , is there anything I should watch out for ?


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Get yourself on one of the free trails if still running, they fit a smart charger for free.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    I will be getting my house rewired soon and I am thinking about getting a car charging point fitted , is there anything I should watch out for ?


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yeah, make sure you dont get a smart meter fitted to your supply!!

  6. #6
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,085
    If you buy an EV, theyíre usually fitted for free (or at least heavily subsidised) so itís not really worth the expense until you get an EV.

    Thereís also the issue of whether the charger you have fitted is compatible with the car you buy.

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

    Thereís also the issue of whether the charger you have fitted is compatible with the car you buy.
    And that is absolutely ridiculous. Why manufacturers havenít been made to fit a universal one-for-all connector is crazy.

  8. #8
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,085
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    And that is absolutely ridiculous. Why manufacturers havenít been made to fit a universal one-for-all connector is crazy.
    To be fair, there are only a couple of connectors for home charging and having an untethered charging point fitted does alleviate the problem.

    It does also look like CCS will become the standard although Nissan and others are still Pershing Chademo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •