closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Sea Dweller

Hybrid View

Craftsman

Rolex Sea Dweller

A couple of unworn Sea Dweller seem to be sticking in sales corner , is the market cooling ?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I would like one !

QUOTE=Kitz;5148769]A couple of unworn Sea Dweller seem to be sticking in sales corner , is the market cooling ?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app[/QUOTE]

Master
    Pick up a bargain. Not many NOS on the market.
    Is the market cooling?
    Who knows, but I wouldn’t sell if it was mine.

It would appear that everyone is after a D-Blue, which then leaves the Black hanging around. I was in the Rolex AD in Dubai yesterday and he offered me a black. No other sports models available either. Oh, they had some subs for 'display only' (being the official line) but available to purchase at a premium (being the unofficial line).

Master
    These ‘’things aren’t selling’ themes get quite wearying. A single SD43 on sale and that’s evidence of what exactly? Just try and buy one at retail (I did try, quite hard)
    For those who care, the going rate on SC seems to be around 10k. But the numbers are too small to be sure.
    I believe the market will slide into recession soon. That will be interesting. Especially watching dealers and speculators trying to offload Daytonas at sky high prices.
    Last edited by paskinner; 14th July 2019 at 09:32.

Master
    The SD43 on SC is priced about right for a mint unused example.

The problem is dealers are not offering much more than above RRP of £8700 as there are plenty of examples on Chrono 24 and ebay that have not sold over the the last 6 to 12 months.

I want one of these but i don't like paying over RRP.

I have been offered one at £9700 a full mint example but i declined as i think there are further prices corrections on this model

I may be wrong but lets wait and see.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    The SD43 on SC is priced about right for a mint unused example.

I have been offered one at £9700 a full mint example but i declined as i think there are further prices corrections on this model

I may be wrong but lets wait and see.
    When I was buying one a year ago there were always claims like this....if people waited they’d be cheaper. Didn’t happen. Anyone who waited ended up paying more (as I did). Prices slowly rose.
    I think a recession is looming; but try another scenario.
    We crash out of Europe, Sterling continues to fall, Rolex push UK orices up 10% to try to compensate. Is that far fetched?
    In such weird times, all you can do is buy what you enjoy, and get on with life. Watches may be the least of our problems.
    Last edited by paskinner; 14th July 2019 at 10:27.

Rolex Sea Dweller

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I have been offered one at £9700 a full mint example but i declined as i think there are further prices corrections on this model.
    I bought my SubC in 2013 for £4,250.

There’ll be little difference in the manufacturing cost between a SubC and SD43.

228% more for a SD43, than I paid for my SubC in just 6 years is just crazy. No way would I be buying any Rolex SS Sports these days.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I bought my SubC in 2013 for £4,250.

There’ll be little difference in the manufacturing cost between a SubC and SD43.

228% more for a SD43, than I paid for my SubC in just 6 years is just crazy. No way would I be buying any Rolex SS Sports these days.
    I would imagine the AD's mark up & VAT to be about £4250 … it's all about diminishing returns at the end of the day!

Master
    Some people are prepared to pay over the RRP and some won't on principle. That is what dictates the market. The simple question being, will a recession (if it comes) cause more people to sell and also make buyers more tight with the cash.

The answer is no one knows and only flippers will suffer.

Journeyman
    I don’t suppose you’d DM the sellers details would you ??

QUOTE=mjc1216;5148835]The SD43 on SC is priced about right for a mint unused example.

The problem is dealers are not offering much more than above RRP of £8700 as there are plenty of examples on Chrono 24 and ebay that have not sold over the the last 6 to 12 months.

I want one of these but i don't like paying over RRP.

I may be wrong but lets wait and see.[/QUOTE]

Master
    Would love one but I seem to be one of the minority who won't pay over RRP. The market for SS sports/professional watches is ridiculous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Would love one but I seem to be one of the minority who won't pay over RRP. The market for SS sports/professional watches is ridiculous IMO.
    Unfortunately you either buy bling that you don't really want to form a relationship with your AD or you're not in the game. Lists are just words just in case they need to shift watches. RRP is not gonna happen.

Master
    I'm biased coz I love SeaDwellers but for a classic look, rugged as feck, classic design I think the small premiums asked are a gift!

Looks like a bigger version of the classic sub so suits bigger people and modern trends. Also, that red writing!

Master

Just seemed a good time for a gratuitous pic of one of my all time favourites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pragnell sold a 2018 “as new” SD50 for list (on line) last week....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    As a Rolex main dealer, they couldn’t ask over list. It must drive them nuts.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Er, yes they could for that particular watch.

“As new” so secondhand, therefore not under any RRP controls.
    Also sold online. Rolex do not allow their ADs to sell new watches online.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    An AD can ask over list price If the watch is preowned.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post

Just seemed a good time for a gratuitous pic of one of my all time favourites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I get that.

Master
    It’s £500/£1000 over. Sells all day long at £9.5k