closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Curved leather strap advice.

  1. #1
    Craftsman Redwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    610

    Curved leather strap advice.

    Hello all
    Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get a nice quality curved lug strap. Prefer a padded croc grain possible lizard.
    Itís for my JLC quartz that was designed to have a fitted bracelet. As you can see thereís barely a 1mm gap between the case and lug. Itís surprisingly difficult to source one.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    587
    Hmm. Iíve a blancpain that suffers from similar - stick curved bars on it, which will give you (marginally) more room to play with..
    and perhaps an unlined cordovan strap, which can be skived thin enough to fit..?
    al


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Craftsman Redwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by alslater View Post
    Hmm. Iíve a blancpain that suffers from similar - stick curved bars on it, which will give you (marginally) more room to play with..
    and perhaps an unlined cordovan strap, which can be skived thin enough to fit..?
    al


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the suggestion Iíll consider that.
    I just donít want to spend on a strap to find out it donít fit. And where can you go to ďtryĒ straps on nowadays?
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cockfosters & Cupertino
    Posts
    2,321

  5. #5
    Craftsman Redwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    Thanks a lot. They look fantastic, but over 300 pounds for a strap. Itís not that I canít afford it. Itís principal I just wonít spend that much on a strap.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Hello all
    Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get a nice quality curved lug strap. Prefer a padded croc grain possible lizard.
    Itís for my JLC quartz that was designed to have a fitted bracelet. As you can see thereís barely a 1mm gap between the case and lug. Itís surprisingly difficult to source one.
    Thanks
    We can definitley help with this, either with straight or curved bars, but at a similar price to the ABP so ight not be what you want. Glad to help or advise if we can though, drop me a DM or email :-)

    https://www.equusleather.co.uk/watch-straps.html


    Charlie

  7. #7
    Craftsman Redwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    We can definitley help with this, either with straight or curved bars, but at a similar price to the ABP so ight not be what you want. Glad to help or advise if we can though, drop me a DM or email :-)

    https://www.equusleather.co.uk/watch-straps.html


    Charlie
    Thanks Charlie I appreciate your time to input. As above will consider.

  8. #8
    Craftsman Redwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    610
    Does anyone know of JLC themselves would provide?
    Thanks

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Does anyone know of JLC themselves would provide?
    Thanks
    JLCís straps are largely made by Camille Fournet, who offer a custom service that allows you to specify curved spring bars. You probably wonít like the price though.

    https://www.camillefournet.com/en/wa...ed-watch-strap

    That said, my suggestion is to buy some curved spring bars and fit a straight-ended strap of a price you are comfortable with to them. I have done that with a regular alligator strap on my JLC, on the recommendation of a specialist jeweller in New York, and it looks absolutely fine. At least with the cheap straps you can experiment and maybe go up 1mm in size to get the fit right.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Thanks Charlie I appreciate your time to input. As above will consider.
    Not at all, here to help

    As above, you may get away with putting a curved bar in a straight strap and helping the curve form with your finger. If its a big curve going up 1mm will help make sure there arent gaps at the side. It wont work if the strap is reinforced with plastic at the top though

    Charlie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •