Hi...

My watch is currently with Jon Vincent for service and replacement of crown, tube, oscillating weight and mainspring - all well and good and less expensive than I had feared. It is in what I would call good condition for its age, with only minor scratches and marks to the case and general wear and tear marks and scratches to the bracelet.

Jon has offered me a "Case and Bracelet Refurbishment - Removes Surface Scratches (Polish/Satin Finish)" and describe the process as "We then move on to the case and bracelet (if the watch has one) which is cleaned and refurbished if requested. We use various polishing, cutting and grinding wheels to remove any small dints, scratches and imperfections where possible, bringing the watch as close to new condition as possible."

The cost of the refurbishment is £199.98 - I've got the money saved and thinks that's quite probably a good price, so it's not the cost that's the issue... just a simple question... Would you have the watch refinished or do you think it better leave it unpolished?

Pleased to hear
Rob