closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fratello / Robert-Jan Broer on the 16570

Master

Fratello / Robert-Jan Broer on the 16570

The stock of the 16570 seems to have been rising lately, if only among WIS - more grist to that mill @

https://www.fratellowatches.com/what...x-explorer-ii/

Journeyman
    Quite a long winded post that one... what watch exactly is he recommending to buy?

Master
    I would say that the Polar 16570 is probably one of the most photogenic watches ever. Just looking at a pic makes you want to run out and buy one, however, when you see one in the flesh it's not quite the same.

Same applies to the SkyDweller, dead sexy in a pic, less so in real life.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I would say that the Polar 16570 is probably one of the most photogenic watches ever. Just looking at a pic makes you want to run out and buy one, however, when you see one in the flesh it's not quite the same.
    You know I rather agree with that. It does photograph very well. I have one, and like it, but the light / adjacent-cuff conditions in which it totally wows me are a bit selective ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

Same applies to the SkyDweller, dead sexy in a pic, less so in real life.
    Horses for courses.

I much prefer the EXPII to the GMTII, and happily write one every day for years - it was my choice out of every steel sports at the time.

As to the Sky-Dweller, it's about my favourite watch to wear since I bought it.

Life would be boring if we all had the same tastes.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Quite a long winded post that one... what watch exactly is he recommending to buy?
    It would be a 16570 with tritium dial! Perhaps if I can stretch my budget a bit, the 16550 ;-)

Robert-Jan

!6570 White

Quote Originally Posted by fratellowatches View Post
    It would be a 16570 with tritium dial! Perhaps if I can stretch my budget a bit, the 16550 ;-)

Robert-Jan
    R-J
    great article as I'm looking at my next watch. I have seen the dial called 'Rice Grain' or similar. What are they meaning by that and is it more desirable from a value perspective ?