closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bought one of these today ...

Master

Bought one of these today ...

Bought one of these today from Stewarts Watches in Leicester, the sole UK Habring2 agent.

(The photos and text that follow are by Jocke.)

Habring² There is a small little company in the middle of Austria in Völkermarkt that made their own watches. Habring² is the name and it might have been the 2 Habrings as well. The company runs by the married couple Richard & Maria Habring since 2004. Richard has a past at the IWC where he was involved in the development of their movements and worked at A Lange & Söhne until he took the full step and became an independent watchmaker who had goal to make their own watches. In the early years, they worked with ETA & Valjoux movements as a base and made their own unique solutions. In 2011, the start of the in-house movement A11B began, meaning A=Austria, 11=2011 start of development, B=Basis, later complications were added as A11D=Date, A11S=Jumping second, A11SD=Jumping second with date. On the 10th anniversary of the company September 16, 2014, the first inhouse movements were ready and then the A11B was presented in the Felix model with a sub second. It's really nice to see how they put things together. Handmade when it's at its best, they produce around 200 watches each year. They even cut the hairspring too. And finally I'm ready to show what I've got, a Habring² Felix and here is the models to choose on. All those pics you have seen until now belongs to Habring² and a huge thanks to you that allow me to use them.Now it's time for me to bring out the camera bacause it is unboxing time. It comes wrapped in plain white paper. That contains a wooden box. The first I find is a nice notebook. And below the book there it is. When I lift up the first wooden section did I find some spareparts like hands, crown, gaskets and springbars. The logo at the dial is nice and clear.

Master
    Great photos and very nice watch. You now have something very unique, I hope you keep it for a long time.
    It's nice they put a few different spares in the the box, great story I hope they do well.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Of the four models, I think you picked the best one.
    The red really works.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very elegant. Congrats

Master
    A great choice and pleasantly out of the ordinary. Having tried one at SalonQP a couple of years ago, I really loved the size and proportions, spot on for me and very wearable.

Master
    Lovely looking watch you have there!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Thanks for sharing.

Though I've heard of Habring before, I never exerted any effort to find out what the number 2 that is attached to the Habring name really meant. Now I know.

It is a delight to see that they included some spare parts for the watch. That's very thoughtful of them.

Master
    Simple, elegant craftsmanship. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That really is something special and different, I like it alot. Just goes to show the are some fabulous watches out there that are rarely seen.

Super congratulations...beautiful...Hats off!!!

Lovely.

Means so much more when you get the story behind it and can see the passion from the maker, and also clearly the OP.

Master
    I know I keep banging on about not selling watches but this type of watch should be kept for life by the person who bought it and eventually handed down as a family heir loom. This sort of thing is almost unique and should never part from its owner.

Master
    https://www.stewartswatches.co.uk/

I have ZERO connection with the shop other than being a happy customer.

So refreshing to see someone buy a unique, hand made watch. I just love the craftsmanship and design.

At this price point you’re spoiled for choice and choosing this watch is inspirational watch buying.

I hope you enjoy it for life :)

Absolutely love it... But that's because I want to get one myself, exactly the same as yours.