closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Revolute

Craftsman

Revolute

Hi some more advice required!!!
    I have been using revolute for a couple of years now and its been awesome in fact in Europe I use nothing else also used it in new York in January no problem at all.
    We are off to Singapore for a holiday in August and I would like to use it there as well... does anyone have experience of revolute in the far east? And I presume that card payments are widely accepted? Or is cash still king?
    Many thanks as ever for any info

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Hi some more advice required!!!
    I have been using revolute for a couple of years now and its been awesome in fact in Europe I use nothing else also used it in new York in January no problem at all.
    We are off to Singapore for a holiday in August and I would like to use it there as well... does anyone have experience of revolute in the far east? And I presume that card payments are widely accepted? Or is cash still king?
    Many thanks as ever for any info

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    It depends. In a big place like Singapore, no worries with card payments. They're well ahead in many respects. I'd still have a credit card as back up for though, but you should be fine.

Master
    I was there 2 years ago, and used it for everything (well in turn with a Monzo card). Even paid for taxis with it. Hardly used any cash at all - there or in Kuala Lumpur.

Master
    My son got back from Japan this week. He used his Revolut card as much as he could with no issues. That said there is still a lot of cash transactions.

Doh - though I should read it as Singapore rather than just the Far East. But I'll leave the reply for anyone else's use.
    Last edited by reecie; 12th July 2019 at 20:40.

Master
    Personally I use an easy fx card for travel. No fees whatsoever if they cover the currency you want but you do take a hit if you use it in your home country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Its usually fine, i bring a Revolut, Monzo and Starling Bank card with me all times and between them (with some being Visa or Mastercard) im covered

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    In a big place like Singapore, no worries with card payments.
    You need cash to buy a ticket on the MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    You need cash to buy a ticket on the MRT.
    https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...vel-cards.html

All train and bus journeys can be paid for using cash or contactless stored value smartcards. From 4 April 2019, you will also be able to use your Mastercard Contactless bank cards to pay for your fares.