closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC- July 2019

Threaded View

Blog Entries

SOTC- July 2019

I am currently on vacation and time permits to post my SOTC at July 2019.

I flip so many of my watches and it's always a good reminder for me to post a SOTC a couple of times a year.

I am really happy with my small collection at present but as ever I am sure a few will change between now and the end of the year.

Anyway in no particular order...

JLC Polaris Date

I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with this watch. It wears big for a 42 mm due to the lack of bezel. If it was 40 mm it would be perfect and a keeper. Quality is superb and the best finished watch I have owned including Rolex and Grand Seiko. In addition the black rubber strap is easily the best I have experienced.

Seiko SLA017

My all time favorite watch and just about perfect at 40mm. Looks great on a variety of Seiko rubber straps. The crystal is amazing and distorts the dial so much. This must be one of the most difficult watches to photograph.

Breitling Aerospace Night Mission

A relatively recent arrival. This is my fourth Aerospace and my first DLC watch. I don't think any collection is complete without an ani-digi watch. Although it is 43mm the Evos work so well in terms of size

Omega Speedmaster FOIS (Modded)

I have owned quite a few Speedmasters over the years and really liked the case shape and dial of the FOIS. However, I wasn't too keen on the original handset so swapped them over to the standard pro set.

Omega Speedmaster CK2998 (Modded)

Always loved a panda dial and a few years ago I did a similar mod on a 3572.50. The CK2998 panda dial and handset imo wasn't too easy to read so I bought a mitsukoshi dial and silver Snoopy black handset. The legibility is fantastic. I am really pleased with this one and a great summer watch on a white rubber strap.

Omega Globemaster 8900

Again, a fairly recent arrival and a great watch for the office at only 39mm. The quality is superb and the white dial version is lovely.

Omega Railmaster 2500

This is the 39mm version and having had a few Explorer 1 watches pass thorough I prefer the Railmaster as a similar style watch.

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 11th July 2019 at 19:43.