closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Le Mans Classic 2020

Craftsman

Le Mans Classic 2020

I've been promising myself for a few years now that I'd like to go to the Le Mans Classic. So next year I'm finally going to do it.

I'd like to go in my motorhome and make a holiday out of it so just asking if anyone that has been to Le Mans what's the camping like on track and do they allow motorhomes/camper vans?

Any advice from previous visitors would be appreciated, like is it best to get a package or sort your own tickets/ferry etc.

Cheers

Neil

Buy ferry tickets now or as soon as they're on-sale.

Buy the camping and entry tickets direct from the ACO:

https://www.lemans.org/en

And there you have it. We stay in Epinettes campsite every year for the main 24-hour race, there are always motorhomes dotted around. It's a nice campsite too, with some tree shade and close to the tram stop to get into the city centre. Last two times I went to Classic Le Mans I stayed in the Maison Blanche campsite, which has no shade and while right next to the track, is nowhere as chilled out as Epinettes.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    The advice above is spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks guys

Master
    I've done the main race a few times but yet to try the Classic, maybe 2020 is the year.
    I can add more thoughts for the main race but guess its a bit different for the classic?

Did it in my motorhome last year for the first time, stayed at Blu Nord campsite, with many other camper vans, motorhomes, and cars with tents. Showers and toilet blocks onsite were inadequate for the number of campers, so was glad of my onboard facilities. No electric hook-up was available where I was. The camping field is fenced in, with security, but they disappear on Sunday afternoon, which is a bit disconcerting if you plan staying until Monday as there are groups of gypsies roaming around collecting abandoned camping gear. I didn't have any incidents, but packed up early and left on Sunday afternoon.

It was about a mile walk to the track-side, which was ok.

Make sure you know the exact location you are heading for, I struggled to find the track and ended up driving around blindly : signage is surprisingly lacking.

I was a bit disappointed and under-whelmed. I think Silverstone Classic offers much the same experience on home turf, but I ticked the Le Mans box on my must-do list.

MW

Master
    I stayed in Bleu Nord for 2 years before moving on to Epinettes. There is no comparison.....in showers, toilet blocks or indeed feeling of security. However, Epinettes has no hook-up either - best take a generator if you cannot face wild (ish) camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk