closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bean to cup coffee machine recommendations...?

Bean to cup coffee machine recommendations...?

My M&S machine has come to the end of its life it would seem after a recommendation from here if I remember correctly many years ago! Thought I had it sorted after stripping and replacing a leaking pipe but it’s now dumping water in coffee waste bin and display panel not working.. Can any one suggest another good machine that will be of good service for a few years?

Thank you..

Jura machines are well thought of, a few friends have them.
    Check out one called “speedster”
    .....I won’t be having one of those just yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Can any one suggest another good machine that will be of good service for a few years?
    Our DeLonghi ECam has been with us a couple of years and showing no signs of leaking or differences in grind etc. it does everything we need.

I paid about £350 (on a hot UKdeal), we use it approximately half a dozen times a day and I am very happy with the quality of the machine and coffee it spews out (if I get to choose the beans rather than my wife's pansy palate).

Master
    I bought a Jura S8 last year. It’s been faultless so far and the milk frother is excellent. Top class machine but cleaning tablets + filters are costly.

Journeyman
    I’ve had two different higher end Melitta models and haven’t been impressed with either. Steer clear.

What about this? Approach any restaurants or cafes near you that have gone into admin or are returning or similar, see if they’ll take cash for their commercial machine.

My mate did that and ended up with a gorgeous plumbed-in machine in chrome. As you can imagine, he’s drinking nicer coffee than most of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I use Jura and it’s been brilliantly reliable. You can fine turn a number of key variables for exactly how you like your coffee. Cleaning is simple, albeit as noted above the tablets and filters are comparatively expensive.

It’s easy to service and worse case they have an excellent service centre that collects overhauls and returns for fixed fees.

Following a friends recommendation I bought a Jura, so far 4 years and it’s not missed a beat. Straight out the box used lavazza beans and coffee was just to my taste so didn’t need to adjust anything.

Bought mine from their outlet website, you get to choose the one you want like buying a car, they can tell you how many cups it’s brewed, it seems they do deals with big companies so they get batches of different models, mine came back showing it hadn’t been used. I s-ole to a member of staff who even went and looked at, he said they probably ordered to many or decided it was to big, win me for me I got 50% off.

I religiously follow the clean and replace filter routine.

https://juraoutlet.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Following a friends recommendation I bought a Jura, so far 4 years and it’s not missed a beat. Straight out the box used lavazza beans and coffee was just to my taste so didn’t need to adjust anything.

Bought mine from their outlet website, you get to choose the one you want like buying a car, they can tell you how many cups it’s brewed, it seems they do deals with big companies so they get batches of different models, mine came back showing it hadn’t been used. I s-ole to a member of staff who even went and looked at, he said they probably ordered to many or decided it was to big, win me for me I got 50% off.

I religiously follow the clean and replace filter routine.

https://juraoutlet.uk/
    Thank you all for the suggestions chaps, which Jura did you go for Mr44?

Master
    I got a Jura C60 last year. From Amazon with various deals so paid <£300 although they are usually about £750.

No faults and makes excellent coffee and cappuccino if desired.

I don’t use the branded cleaning tabs etc due to price but use some similar generic ones which do the trick.

Parents have a mid range Melitta one which was good initially but after 2-3 years developed various faults

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    I got a Jura C60 last year. From Amazon with various deals so paid <£300 although they are usually about £750.

No faults and makes excellent coffee and cappuccino if desired.

I don’t use the branded cleaning tabs etc due to price but use some similar generic ones which do the trick.

Parents have a mid range Melitta one which was good initially but after 2-3 years developed various faults
    I had a Gaggia which lasted many years and you could take apart & fix yourself. It finally died and I was lucky enough to be given a Jura Ena 3 which has been really good, although I wouldn't fancy fixing it myself.

I bought the cleaning tablets in a jar of 25 or 50 as I have a RO tap I don't change the filters and descale.

There was a great offer on a Jura posted on here a while ago so could be worth waiting for another if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Absolutely - there's nothing magical about the Jura branded cleaning tablets, and the generic ones are just the same but at significantly lower prices.

We have a Jura S8, and I love it. It's certainly in the "if that ever broke, I'd buy another one straight away" category. I've also had Gaggia machines in the past, but recent reports suggest that, since a change of ownership, they are of significantly poorer quality and the new owners are just "sweating the brand".

We have a Delonghi bean to cup and I couldn't recommend it highly enough,its honestly superb.

https://www.johnlewis.com/de-longhi-...ilver/p3897147

Master
    We had a gaggia one for ages. It had to go back to the co for repair a couple of times over the years and whilst the co were themselves fairly poor the machine gave good service. Eventually I replaced it with a melitta. It's ok, no more. The self feed system from the hopper just doesn't really work and the milk system has too many joints so can't hold pressure properly. Fortunately that is fixed by just using a cup of milk. The coffee is fine.
    Would I buy another Melitta, no.

Master
    I really ‘want’ a bean to cup - only ever have black coffee so are there any budget options for this

Thank you all for the suggestions chaps, which Jura did you go for Mr44?
    Sorry been at work, I got the F8 but I think that’s an older model now, closest I see in the outlet is the E60, sorry not a clue what the difference is.

Blog Entries
    Get the cheapest DeLonghi one…. All the guts are the same inside pretty much

They are well made and work like a charm
    Last edited by Wolfie; 10th July 2019 at 20:18.

Primadona Etam Delonghi.
    Excellent...does everything..and more.

Master
    Delonghi Magnifica with manual frothing (i.e. a steam wand) here, we've had it about 4 1/2 years and probably made an average of a cup a day maybe a bit more. It's been very good though sometimes it indicates the grounds receptacle is full when it isn't and you just have to jiggle it. It was about £200 on an amazon deal.

This is the current equivalent of our model: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Ma...-2-spons&psc=1

Looking at CCC it's frequently down at 235 or less.
    Last edited by Jeremy67; 11th July 2019 at 11:16.

Craftsman
    I bought one the Delonghi ESAM 2800 bean to cup (cheapest model I think)Christmas time, it was about £160 on offer Argos.
    Used it 2 to 3 times a day since and been excellent, only thing is don't use it when anyone is in bed, it make a right racket.
    Maybe the more expensive models are quieter.

Master
    Just a heads up about the Magnifica units of which I had two in the space of a few weeks. I drink 100% espressos and I found it couldn't cope. Adjusting the grind/amount etc.... to give a 'proper' espresso and it just couldn't manage it. What I mean is the first machine one was okay for a week and then started playing up. I contacted Delonghi and they took it back and swapped it. The second one gave up after a week! I spoke to Deloghi on the phone and the bottom line was it couldn't manage a double espresso. Sent back for a refund. It seems it wasn't good at coping with the pressures required for a decent espresso, typically 9bar. If you have other coffee types then that might not matter though, in essence, an espresso is the root of all types of coffee re. latte, americano, etc...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    sometimes it indicates the grounds receptacle is full when it isn't and you just have to jiggle it.
    The amount of times I’ve used this trick to look like a hero in Waitrose haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    I bought one the Delonghi ESAM 2800 bean to cup (cheapest model I think)Christmas time, it was about £160 on offer Argos.
    Used it 2 to 3 times a day since and been excellent, only thing is don't use it when anyone is in bed, it make a right racket.
    My Jura certainly isn't. If you need a stealthy coffee made then ground in the bypass chute although probably won't help much if you want to prepare frothy milk etc.

Craftsman
    Delonghi Magnifica with manual frothing (i.e. a steam wand) here, we've had it about 4 1/2 years and probably made an average of a cup a day maybe a bit more. It's been very good though sometimes it indicates the grounds receptacle is full when it isn't and you just have to jiggle it. It was about £200 on an amazon deal.

This is the current equivalent of our model: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Ma...-2-spons&psc=1

I have the same machine. Works great for me for my morning espresso fix!

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    We had one of those for years and replaced it 18 months ago with the ESAM4000b (essentially the same but black). We only replaced it as (i) black suited the new kitchen better and (ii) the old one had been too close to the stove and was a bit melted down the left hand side (not a look she wanted in the new kitchen). The old one went to a friend of ours and both old and new are going strong.

As mentioned above, it's worth tracking the price of these for a while as they do seem to be one of the things that Amazon will periodically discount. If you are a Prime member, it would be worth checking next Monday/Tuesday (2019 Prime days).

De Longhi Perfecta, we have owned it for around seven years.

The heating element has two separate coils.
    One failed, which caused the heat-up time to increase from 20 seconds to around one minute, and the second coil failed 6 months after that.
    A new heating module was £30, and 20 minutes to fit.

The old girl is now restored to full health and producing 4-5 Americano coffees every day without any further issues.

Seconded, esam 2800 best purchase I've ever made (paid around £180) makes great coffee and a lot of noise! I'm not allowed to use it before 7am....but I do then leg it out of the house hoping everyone will have forgotten by the time I get home later

Can't drink instant anymore and I also refuse to pay £3 at Starbucks etc when I can make coffee this good at home.

Keep an eye out on Amazon - Prime Day coming up soon, deals will be around.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    Our DeLonghi ECam has been with us a couple of years and showing no signs of leaking or differences in grind etc. it does everything we need.

I paid about £350 (on a hot UKdeal), we use it approximately half a dozen times a day and I am very happy with the quality of the machine and coffee it spews out (if I get to choose the beans rather than my wife's pansy palate).
    +1

I have one of these, used most days and apart from the need to descale, it runs well and does a great tasting coffee

Master
    Blog Entries
    My tassimo failed this spring so I decided to go for a Delonghi Magnifico on an Amazon lightning deal.

Even with cheap co-op coffee it tasted better than the old pods, and with Notes or Coal Town it produces coffee right up there with the best I've had.

Craftsman
    There's a refurb deal with manufactures warranty on Delonghi eBay for the cafe corso 2800..
    With the code "party" it brings the price to £135.
    I can't link to page on my phone but it's Delonghi own eBay site.
    It's saying more than 10 available.
    Last edited by Nigel306; 14th July 2019 at 10:15.

Master
    There's a refurb deal with manufactures warranty on Delonghi eBay for the cafe corso 2800..
    Was just about to post this- bit the bullet and ordered one- great for under £135 with a years warranty

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Was just about to post this- bit the bullet and ordered one- great for under £135 with a years warranty
    Great thank you I’ll take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    I have one of these, used most days and apart from the need to descale, it runs well and does a great tasting coffee
    I quite enjoy the descale! Stopped using the rubbish tablets almost immediately, I use the Ecodescalk (AMAZON LINK HERE)

Morning coffee (americano with 2 shots) has been transformed in the last month or so, since a colleague showed me how to raise the water temperature. If you've not already done it, well worth trying!

Right gone for one of these for £184 after party discount code applied.

Thank you for the suggestions, how do you turn water temperature up? Descale fluid looks great too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLonghi-...8b6f%7Ciid%3A1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post

Thirded here. Mine is 9.5 years old now and dishes out 2-3 double espressos every morning. Exceptional vfm.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Right gone for one of these for £184 after party discount code applied.

Thank you for the suggestions, how do you turn water temperature up? Descale fluid looks great too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLonghi-...8b6f%7Ciid%3A1
    You won't regret your choice, fantastic value!

The Video HERE should work for temperature control.

Master
    There are some bean to cup machines on amazon prime day - maybe worth checking out

Master

Now £225

Master
    I have the Sage Duo Temp which is a manual machine. Coffee quality is excellent. I don't have direct experience of their bean to cup machine, The Sage Barista, but if it is anything like the Duo Temp it should be good. The Sage Barista goes for around £400.

Well got the machine and appears there’s a problem with the PCB as it’s only grinding for 2 seconds producing flavoured hot water only..! Very frustrating but this sort of thing seems to happen these days!

They told me I was lucky yesterday after the biggest bird poo you have ever seen landed on my head, face, sunglasses, t shirt, shorts and shoes whilst engaged in conversation under a tree. Didn’t know we had albatross’s in the UK? Even landed on my vintage watch that can’t go near water, oh such fun!!!

They told me I was lucky yesterday after the biggest bird poo you have ever seen landed on my head, face, sunglasses, t shirt, shorts and shoes whilst engaged in conversation under a tree. Didn’t know we had albatross’s in the UK? Even landed on my vintage watch that can’t go near water, oh such fun!!!
    But did you buy a lottery ticket?

Master
    I bought this during Prime day for £225 plus used the £10 credit for signing up to Audible on a free 30 day trial.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Loving it so far.