closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Ward new releases

Owl1
    My problem with CW is there was a boy at my junior school with the same name who used to pick his arse regular then smell his fingers .

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Just remove the name, leaving the weird dimply thingy, I'd be good with that.
    If they changed the brand name to Dimply Thing that might work - otherwise the answer to what is it is still Christopher Ward
    Gray

Chris Ward new releases

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    My problem with CW is there was a boy at my junior school with the same name who used to pick his arse regular then smell his fingers .
    I wonder if somewhere out there someone is saying 'I'd never buy a Richard Mille* because at school ...'?

Oftentimes we seem to look down on anglicised names - possibly because they are too familiar - would a Cartier item sell as well if it had simply been Carter?

This is where Hans Wilsdorf scored with Rolex which came with no baggage or associated baggage.

* Feel free to swap with Franck Muller, Philippe Dufour, Abraham-Louis Breguet etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adg31; 12th July 2019 at 14:29.

Just the wibbly dimply logo with 'Ward'
    Beneath it, surely the brand has had long enough to sort it out?
    The watches don't seem bad really and I'm no brand snob.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    It’s actually based on the 2836.

The moonphase module is driven by modified gearing for the 2836 day mechanism. Pulling the crown out to the 2nd position, then turning it one way sets the date whilst the other way rotates the moonphase display.

It’s seems like a simple solution that allows you to simply set the moonphase, without the need to keep the thing perpetually running on a winder.
    As I said, when answering the question, JJ01 is based on eta 2824,not the 2836.

Says who? The Men himself https://www.christopherward.com/blog...hannes-jahnke/

You should read the question first.
    Last edited by igorRIJEKA; 12th July 2019 at 12:00.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    As I said, when answering the question, JJ01 is based on eta 2824,not the 2836.

Says who? The Men himself https://www.christopherward.com/blog...hannes-jahnke/

You should read the question first.
    I was talking about the moonglow which was how this thread started. This is the JJ03 module based upon the 2836.

The JJ01 is the jumping hour module, and forgive me if I’m wrong, there’s been no discussion within this tread about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    What is their JJ01 movement based on?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    I've heard that Christopher Ward himself does that, apparently he refers to it as the scratch and sniff

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    I wonder if somewhere out there someone is saying 'I'd never buy a Richard Mille* because at school ...'?

Oftentimes we seem to look down on anglicised names - possibly because they are too familiar - would a Cartier item sell as well if it had simply been Carter?

This is where Hans Wilsdorf scored with Rolex which came with no baggage or associated baggage.

* Feel free to swap with Franck Muller, Philippe Dufour, Abraham-Louis Breguet etc.

There was a kid at my school called Abraham Louis Breguet. Ended every breaktime hanging from the pegs in the changing rooms.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I've heard that Christopher Ward himself does that, apparently he refers to it as the scratch and sniff
    CW are always in the magazines on board Aeroplanes I find, so when flicking through I get reminded of Christopher Ward at my school picking his arse I can not help but remember this ..then the onboard hostess would offer me a small bag of nuts … I always decline them .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post

Same in song lyrics , you can name check any American town without an issue in fact there’s quite a few songs out there with multiple Yank towns mentioned but try writing I was 24 hours from Billericay, or Midnight train to Basildon . It just don’t work

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Same in song lyrics , you can name check any American town without an issue in fact there’s quite a few songs out there with multiple Yank towns mentioned but try writing I was 24 hours from Billericay, or Midnight train to Basildon . It just don’t work
    :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
    I agree.

Maybe do what Prince did...

The watchmaker formerly known as Christopher Ward😀

I like it but agree about the new logo, too off balance for me. Also don’t get the bashing they get, I’ve got a C60 as a holiday watch/beater and it’s not missed a beat and is well finished.

Master

Surely CW knows the wording on the dial’s losing sales?

I too was going to buy this very CW model, but I couldn’t get over the “Christopher Ward” writing on the dial.

Surely CW’s marketing department must know that the wording on the dial is losing sales? It’s been a complaint on numerous forums for long enough!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    There is a song named 'Bugger Basildon' which is often sung at LibDem conference glee nights...

I see that the words have escaped to the web: http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/dan/songs/_distinc.htm

I've had a few cws in the past all been rock solid

Shame if things have gone breasts north

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Looks quite interesting. I think I like it...
    I recently purchased a moon glow as I was enraptured by the marketing photos etc ; I returned it for 3 reasons: 1. The moon phase is beautiful and needs nothing added, but they decided it was a good idea to, rather than hiding the second moon, thus maintaining the illusion of one moon disappearing and instantly re-appearing, stick it behind a smoked glass thus creating a distracting fuzzy blob on the lower half of the dial when lumed . 2. Said smoked glass gives back a glaring reflection in lit conditions so it is almost impossible to have a clear view of the dial in daytime, a must for any watch, and what's the point of having a sapphire crystal glass with AR coating if you then totally undermine it? 3. The watch is very much sold on the lumed dial, shame is, it's C1 superluminova, which no matter how you charge it, lasts about 5 minutes! Surely a much more effective paint (like Lumibrite ) would have been obvious?

I like CW and what they stand for, I have no problem whatsoever with their logo from a typographical point of view, "Ward" is an Irish name, so gets my vote as well! I also now intend to buy their traditional moon phase as I like the complication and no- gimmickry look. I really did try to love it...

I just think the moon glow needs a major design re-think...

Master
    Looks like it, with slightly updated logo etc

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    I have to say I like the look of it, it makes a change from the usual warmed over vintage throwback. It’s also a CW with the right amount of branding, which is to say very little - including avoiding the fussy trident on the end of the second hand. One enigmatic logo, job done, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I have to say I like the look of it, it makes a change from the usual warmed over vintage throwback. It’s also a CW with the right amount of branding, which is to say very little - including avoiding the fussy trident on the end of the second hand. One enigmatic logo, job done, finally.
    Agreed. I also like how they implemented the date feature with a rotating disc and not a date window that would stand out too much.

Master
    Not a totally new take on the moonphase, I believe Schaumburg have being doing this for some time. (for lot more money mind you)

Old ‘Christopher Ward’ name logo making a return?

https://www.christopherward.com/watc...-B00K0-VT.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Old ‘Christopher Ward’ name logo making a return?

https://www.christopherward.com/watc...-B00K0-VT.html
    I would say no.

I think it is either…

The web page hasn’t been updated to show the new logo, or…

There is a mismatch between the number of dials and cases that they had in stock. I.e. still have some of the old logo dials knocking around, but are awaiting more bronze cases. Hence the preorder date.