closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OP Service charges

OP Service charges

A quick pair of questions - I think I know the answers but want to double check.

A lady at work has a misbehaving Oyster Perpetual bought in April 2015 at Heathrow T5. It sounds like the rotor has popped off.

I'm assuming this will be a full service as the 5 year warranty came in in 2017(?) - any idea of likely service cost? £550 ish?

Many thanks in advance for replies.

David

Craftsman
    5 year warranty came in June/July 2015. I just missed out as I got my Daytona in May!

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    5 year warranty came in June/July 2015. I just missed out as I got my Daytona in May!
    Thank you for the reply. I bought my Explorer in Sept 2014, and I definitely know I missed out on that one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    A quick pair of questions - I think I know the answers but want to double check.

A lady at work has a misbehaving Oyster Perpetual bought in April 2015 at Heathrow T5. It sounds like the rotor has popped off.

I'm assuming this will be a full service as the 5 year warranty came in in 2017(?) - any idea of likely service cost? £550 ish?

Many thanks in advance for replies.

David
    Probably not a warranty issue anyways, rotors need a serious knock to come loose.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Probably not a warranty issue anyways, rotors need a serious knock to come loose.
    Thank you. The rotor is a guess on my part, as the symptoms were described as a) losing power reserve b) losing accuracy c) making a loud noise on the wrist as if something was rolling around inside the case - all after the owner has used it extensively while running. I didn't get a chance to handle it.

She's trying to find time to hand it in to H&I in Edinburgh before returning abroad for some months. The thing she was most shocked about was when I mentioned what a standard service charge is on a Sub. The watch was a present and she'd previously had a Casio - which did her fine for her running.

I asked here because I was looking for quick confirmation of the general advice I'd given my colleague and who was about to return to the far East. I most sincerely hope that answers your query. Thank you ever so much for asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Why don't you ref this question to Rolex??

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations