closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alpina X

Craftsman

Alpina X

Afternoon all,

I've started wearing a fitness tracker. Having originally thought them to be pointless, I picked one up to try and have found it pretty useful. Wearing it alongside a watch tho seems a little bit pointless and I've started looking at watches that do both. I'm not interested in anything overly smart - like a 2/3k classic styled watch - as I don't see the point if it can't be taken to the gym etc. there isn't really much out there that doesn't look quite naff. I've tried apple watch and the new Samsung but didn't take to either. With both I didn't really use enough functionality to justify the compromises. For apple, this being that you look like a bit a cock / feels soul less and with Samsung the absolutely laughable battery. I also think the blank screen thing on a smart watch just looks silly.

I do quite like the alpinerX but for me it is way to big to wear all the time and therefore I'd have to rule it out. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has came across something in a similar vain but smaller and would care to share their experiences?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Master
    Sorry can't help but the AlpinerX looks interesting. Do you have any experience with it?

Master
    You have a few options.
    1) wear a fitbit on your other wrist - they are small and light and don;t take long to get used to.
    2) Withings do some nice looking fitness monitors that are a mix of analog and screen.
    3) What I do - wear a smartwatch (in my case apple) when you go to the gym or are out and about and a decent watch at other times.
    4) Garmin do some g-shock chic fitness monitors that are well respected.

sorry no idea about the alpina x

Craftsman
    Thanks for the reply. I have a Garmin equivalent to Fitbit and that's what I'm wearing now. Had a look at the withings stuff but looks a bit naff. I also looked at g shock but they have the usual styling which can't be worn in many situations. I'd like something I can wear all the time so I can actually get a look at what I've achieved in a day but something that looks like an actual watch as opposed to a tracking device.

Appreciate the ready tho

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Have a look @ the Garmin Fenix Range

A little pricey for a tracker TBH but they are great watches and even better multi-activity watches.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Sorry can't help but the AlpinerX looks interesting. Do you have any experience with it?
    I have a very nice one and might be moving it on if interested.

Jim

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    I have a very nice one and might be moving it on if interested.

Jim
    Thanks for the offer but I'm still looking for the perfect smart watch for me (unsuccessfully). GLWTS

I have a Fredrique Constant smartwatch which doesn't in any way look smart (as in like a smartwatch - it actually looks quite smart. You know what I mean...). Here's an awful picture of it on my wrist:

Someone else's better FC picture:

I should really dig it out again. I also have a fitbit but got sick of charging it all the time - in contrast the FC battery has a 2 year life.
    Last edited by Lampoc; 8th September 2019 at 22:58.

Master
    That looks good. Not keen on the Romans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    That looks good. Not keen on the Romans though.
    There's always the original Alpina smartwatch which is basically the same as my FC: