The wife has decided she wants a change and driving around yesterday, spotted what turned out to be a pre-registered Mini Cooper sport. It was registered last week of June and had 7 miles on the clock (I say had, as we put another 7 on the test drive yesterday).

Anyway, the car is effectively 20% under the list price and I know mini's aren't discounted very much (don't appear on certain broker sites). I've had a few carwow quotes but its still roughly £2k cheaper. Additionally, there's a £1k contribution if go with their PCP. I've considered this, then pay it straight off. In this case I think pre-reg is better.

Now I know this is a question to ask the dealer but is there much wiggle room with pre-reg cars? The pre-reg isn't an issue, she keeps her cars for a good few years so don't mind the 'second' owner. We've also done it with a p/ex so was wondering if there's more chance of anything if we sell that private. They've offered a relatively decent trade to be fair and while I think she'd get about another £500 private, it's not worth the hassle.

Just after any experience of additional discount on pre-reg? I've been fine haggling good deals myself in the past but not bought/looked at pre-reg before.