closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: E bay

Craftsman

E bay

I have bought several items on EBay without any problems but I have never sold anything . I am thinking of selling some expensive watches can anyone recommend a book or guide to avoid pitfalls . I don’t want to spam myself into sales corner .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    why not put them on in the sales forum?

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    why not put them on in the sales forum?
    Only another 32 posts to go

Just do what everyone else does and post up the watches with pics here, pretending it isn't a sales thread and you're only looking for info, honest guv.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Just do what everyone else does and post up the watches with pics here, pretending it isn't a sales thread and you're only looking for info, honest guv.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    I sold a Tudor BB earlier this year on eBay, no hassle at all but obviously not that expensive. Royal Mail insured delivery was okay for shipping and meant I could track delivery for my own piece of mind.

Take a lot of photos and be as accurate as possible with the description as if there are any issues eBay tend to just instantly side with the buyer. Being upfront gives you a little more back up if a dispute does open up.

I've bought a few watches off eBay, the last being a Explorer 39, no issues as emails were exchanged and we even had a call.lwhi ch helps buyer confidence.

GLWS

Journeyman
    I've sold some stuff, here is my advice:

- Always be honest about the stuff you are selling
    - Pay special attention to wrapping and packaging. You would also want the bloke who you're buying from to do the same, right?
    - Shoot some photos and a short video clip with your phone which definitely proves you sent the item to the best of your abilities
    - Always send tracked and insured to the correct value, even if it's expensive
    - Have patience when dealing with fools. People can be difficult but that doesn't mean you should be as well.

Good luck!

Journeyman
    Take a look at your feedback. If the score is good but it’s been made up of buying various lower value items over a period of years with no pattern (as most peoples are) and you suddenly pivot to selling multiple high value watches, then it would put me off as a buyer. The way to counteract this is to take the time to build a solid narrative about who you are and why you’re selling them. Use your own language without trying to sound too AD-ish. Authenticity is hard to fake and people instinctively warm to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have sold a 2264, a speedy pro and an Avenger Chrono (which I sent to Malta) with no issues.

I would obviously check feedback and their history/items for sale, as well as how they respond to messages etc to get a feel for them. By no means fool proof but can help.

Remember that not everyone is out to get you....but unfortunately some are!

Also what are you selling? Only joking 😂.

Following with interest!

I've only ever used local forums and classifieds for sales, but never sold anything more than low to medium value - or at least by my standards!

Interested to learn how to do things properly.

Master
    32 posts isn’t a lot, and as long as not total spam, I’m sure the community won’t begrudge you getting there in shortish time. After all, we want the opportunity to buy if it’s nice stuff!

eBay is ok for sellers, but wait for £1 max selling fee offers. I’ve also found it’s possible paypal will seemingly randomly withhold high value payments for a period in case there is a problem with the sale. This was not palatable for me, and I would think twice about selling anything over about £1k on there personally.

The forum is the best place.

Journeyman

E bay

If it helps you at all OP, I have some
    Bonus money about to land and while
    I’ve looked in a few dealers and have a number of Ebay alerts set up, I’m going to wait until I can have a good look in SC. Reports from a mate of mine at work (long-standing community member) and just the way it is spoken of in other posts makes me think that it’s probably a better option than dealing with some random character on eBay.

I can’t imagine a scenario where you making another 31 posts and trying that first is not the best option for you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

I’d no idea it was 32 ....... I will wait ....!,,,,

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app