closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were you in Winchester yesterday (Saturday 7th) wearing a Seiko?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Hi Foxy,

Please bear with me just a little longer if you can.

Having made a call to my ex-badminton doubles partner (3rd placed amateur males, County Champs 2004) who is a senior IT bod at Sainsburys now, I've called a favour and have been able to secure the CCTV footage from the Badger's Farm Sainsburys entrance camera.

You didn't mention the precise time of the sighting in your original post so I checked with the Badger's Farm branch of Sainsburys myself and they were open from 7am and 10pm on Saturday 6th July.

You also stated 'Saturday 7th' in your post, so as a precaution I'm checking the Sunday footage too.

I'm currently up to about half past ten on the Saturday morning and hope to break the midday mark somewhere later this evening if all goes well. Slightly hindered by a period of reduced light from around 09.18 onwards (localised cloud cover?) which is making detail recognition somewhat harder (see below), however individual screengrabs then brightness / contrast adjustment in photoshop is proving an adequate workaround.

Already I've positively identified two Casios and a Scurfa, and I'm feeling optimistic for a sightling of the elusive Ocean Turtle any time now.

Stay strong. We will find it.

This is the best thing I've ever read on the internet.

Hats off sir!

I posted on Pistonheads asking if anyone owned my old Renault 5 GT Turbo and 3 owners (one the current) popped up to fill in its history!

I wasn't in Winchester or Sainsburys on Saturday...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    And Waitrose only exists to keep the elderly from wondering the streets.

Was it an MX-5 ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JFW View Post
    Was it an MX-5 ?
    No, it definitely looked like a Seiko.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    I was in Winchester that day AND I was wearing a Seiko BUT I was in Tesco (Easton Lane, not High Street, before anybody asks), not Sainsbury's.

My god man, are you a masochist? I prefer Asda to Tesco and that's saying something when my nearest Asda is the Leigh Park one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post

Don't get me wrong Matthew, I do enjoy their artisan breads and the promise of a free coffee with a MyWaitrose card. However, the shopping experience is soiled for me by the hoards of octogenarians that clutter the aisles, shuffling between the free range cabbages and the fair trade aubergines. I find shopping there akin to starring in my own, personal zombie film. Not battling bloodied corpses however, just ex bank managers called Brian and their wives, Marjory or Agnes, complaining loudly and robustly about the cost of pasta these days whilst blocking the progress of everyone else in the dried foods aisle thanks to their jauntily angled trolley.

I hat Brian, I hate Marjory and for those reasons, I hate Waitrose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Don't get me wrong Matthew, I do enjoy their artisan breads and the promise of a free coffee with a MyWaitrose card. However, the shopping experience is soiled for me by the hoards of octogenarians that clutter the aisles, shuffling between the free range cabbages and the fair trade aubergines. I find shopping there akin to starring in my own, personal zombie film. Not battling bloodied corpses however, just ex bank managers called Brian and their wives, Marjory or Agnes, complaining loudly and robustly about the cost of pasta these days whilst blocking the progress of everyone else in the dried foods aisle thanks to their jauntily angled trolley.

I hat Brian, I hate Marjory and for those reasons, I hate Waitrose.
    Yeah but two currys and two sides for a tenner

Was it one of these two gentlemen, perchance?

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.