closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal hang over cures

Big breakfast or similar, pint of water (Berrocca optional) and a bar of dairy milk

Hydration, salts and sugars.. all you need

Ponstan plus water

sKebab an hour or two before bed usually helps. Then large glass of water and paracetamol before bed.

In the morning/afternoon if I'm still rough, it's 100ml of water every half hour and fingers crossed. Most of the time I couldn't even keep the water down. On a good day, a full English Breakfast works well. On a bad day - which almost always follows on the two or so times a year I catch up with certain people, nothing works and it's a case of suffering until things improve :(
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Utter rubbish

I would guess that over 90% of hangovers are caused by over indulgence by people who should know better. How can anyone willingly booze themselves up in the full knowledge that they are going to feel flipping awful the next day and also their family and friends will be viewing them in the worse possible light.

Stupidity is a mild word to describe it.
    "That's why you'll always find him in the kitchen at parties"... Good to hear you're such a staunchly rational person, that takes some of the pressure off those of us who like to get a little unscrewed from time to time.

Personally, I find that a good breakfast, plenty of water and a brisk walk usually has me feeling normal-ish by lunchtime. In extreme circumstances, co-codamol - but I don't usually find that painkillers help, and anything which places further load on the liver is probably not the best idea!

Master
    2 pints of water on the bedside table before I go out, drink one on return & a berocca in the second pint when I wake up.

Used to work for the company that made them, alongside alka seltzer, at conferences etc nobody took the alka the next day, was always the berocca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Utter rubbish

I would guess that over 90% of hangovers are caused by over indulgence by people who should know better. How can anyone willingly booze themselves up in the full knowledge that they are going to feel flipping awful the next day and also their family and friends will be viewing them in the worse possible light.

Stupidity is a mild word to describe it.
    I do love the self righteous.

I used to suffer terrible hangovers when i was younger.

Strangely i can now consume industrial amount of alcohol and not suffer a hangover. Does this mean i was once stupid but have drunk myself intelligent, or has my brain simply turned to mush..

Blog Entries
    Someone close by should take Mick P for a few pints. The world might seem slightly less dark. Cheer up Mick

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Someone close by should take Mick P for a few pints. The world might seem slightly less dark. Cheer up Mick

Probably not to the person taking him for a pint

Apprentice
    Orange Lucozade and pickled onion monster munch is the connoisseurs choice, also packet chicken noodle soup is good with the added benefit that if it comes back up it’s not too bad濫

Blog Entries
    During my (ahem) Withnail period (during a placement year in France) I remember I had a nice bottle of claret with a Spaghetti Bolognese for breakfast.

We then popped along to the Eurockéennes concert (kind of French version of Glastonbury). Made the rest of the day rather enjoyable IIRC.

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post

Actually I probably drink more than most of you. I have a large gin and tonic at least 4 days a week and the wife and I always empty a bottle of wine every day. I usually have a decent malt late Saturday and Sunday evenings. The only exception is if we go out for dinner, I usually stick with water because of DUI. The point, however, is that I am never plastered and never have a hangover. The best cure for a hangover is to pace yourself and not to get wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    During my (ahem) Withnail period (during a placement year in France) I remember I had a nice bottle of claret with a Spaghetti Bolognese for breakfast.
    A very cheap Ryanair flight and a fondness for a solo jaunt around a random city saw me breakfasting in Cologne a few years back, after a long previous night on Kolsch beer.

To my amusement, the Hotel had bottles of sparkling wine at the self-service buffet.

A continental breakfast, three flutes of sparkling & multiple strong coffees banished all ills and turbo-charged me for a busy day of exploring the city. Marvellous altogether.