closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tailor - Suit Alterations Hampshire or London

Craftsman

Tailor - Suit Alterations Hampshire or London

With my wedding day approaching (Sept), I have recently purchased a wedding suit in Oxford with a view to reducing the length of the arms, jacket and trousers somewhere locally.

I'm looking to find a good local tailor in Hampshire or London, that could potentially take down the sleeve length from the shoulder due to having functional button holes at the bottom.

I'm sure there will be lots of members that have had suit alterations in the past.

Any recommendations with personal experience with the tailor would be perfect!

Many thanks in advance.

Henry Herbert Tailors. Thank me later.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Stupid question time but would altering the sleeve length from the shoulder even be possible given that the sleeve tapers?

I ask as I recently asked to alter the width of the legs on a pair of trousers and was told it couldn’t be done without ruining the overall fit and finish of the trousers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Stupid question time but would altering the sleeve length from the shoulder even be possible given that the sleeve tapers?

I ask as I recently asked to alter the width of the legs on a pair of trousers and was told it couldn’t be done without ruining the overall fit and finish of the trousers.
    There are mixed views, some tailors categorically say that it is not possible, others see it as common practice.

There are limitations as you’ve highlighted, and it is judged on a case by case scenario I guess, but if it is a significant reduction in length, I think the only option is to go from the bottom of sleeve.

Nick May in Gieves & Hawkes Winchester.

The only person and place I will get my suits from. Ask quietly and he might help you.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all of the recommendations, I will check those out.

Baldwins in Poole are brilliant.