closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Information required on the eta 955.122 / CWC diver

Craftsman

Information required on the eta 955.122 / CWC diver

Have a CWC diver from 2000 with a eta 955.122 movement which has developed a fault. Debating whether to get it serviced, or just replace the movement. However I'm sure I've read somewhere but a while back that the current eta 955.122 differs from the caliber fitted in a watch of this vintage and I think it was to do with the size/fitment of the second hand.

Does anyone know for sure if a new movement can be used or, will the original need servicing?

Thanks,

You failed to mention the one true important thing, and that is what the actual problem is.

Such movements (whether new or vintage) have the same dimensions. They come in around 3-4 different variants related to the height of the hands (in relation to the movement and dial). A large size store will offer all the variants for this movement. Cousins most likely has all or most of the heights. So the movement can be easily replaced.

They can be serviced but usually no one bothers as the movements are cheap. And it depends on the issue, some can be fixed some can't, often time a new part or number of parts are required. Only indies might have such spares but, as I said, the movement itself is cheap.

Craftsman
    Watch is keeping time but the second hand is not completing 60 seconds, its running erratically sometimes covering 1.5, or 2 seconds in one tick. Occasionally it now stops but only momentarily. Thinking a new movement would be the best option but as stated I'm sure I've read there is a compatibility issue with the eta 955.122 in my watch and those available now but cannot now find the article I read.

http://www.britishmilitarywatches.co.uk/cwcrepairs.html

Maybe give this guy a ring for advice, he reincarnated my 80 fat boy after CWC sent me to Silvermans they sent me to Ronald. Two day turnaround and I'm a very happy bunny.
    Top bloke IMO.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by brummie64; 7th July 2019 at 07:00.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    http://www.britishmilitarywatches.co.uk/cwcrepairs.html

Maybe give this guy a ring for advice, he reincarnated my 80 fat boy after CWC sent me to Silvermans they sent me to Ronald. Two day turnaround and I'm a very happy bunny.
    Top bloke IMO.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the link, though a pal had less positive feedback on mentioning the above.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I suspect that the battery is flat and that this is just the low battery indication although that is usually three seconds at a time. Change the battery and see what happens. It could also just be a loose second hand - the options are limited if the second hand is stopping but the watch is still keeping perfect time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Thanks for the link, though a pal had less positive feedback on mentioning the above.
    No problem, hopefully you can get it sorted and back on the wrist asap.

I, too, believe that it could be as simple as needing a new battery. Some movements move in increments of 2 seconds when the battery is low.

Craftsman
    Thanks all,

will have a look are your suggestions on my next day off.

Ed