closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary picked up today!

Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary picked up today!

For anyone interested in getting one of these, get yourself along to an OB and see it in the flesh. I have owned a Speedy or two in my time but this one takes it to a new level of quality. Appreciate that it won't be for everyone and Omega do enjoy releasing a good old limited edition everyone now and then but this really is something special.

Topping it off is a really smart package with some nice extras and the bracelet is something to behold.

Had to share some pictures of course

IMG_20190703_190351 by ataripower, on Flickr

IMG_20190703_190437 by ataripower, on Flickr

IMG_20190703_190524 by ataripower, on Flickr

IMG_20190703_183718 by ataripower, on Flickr

IMG_20190703_155046 by ataripower, on Flickr

IMG_20190703_190450 by ataripower, on Flickr

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. A UK watch?

Master
    Personally I absolutely love that. What are the dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Interesting. A UK watch?
    Yep, picked up from an OB in London. They had 3 delivered with more to come as the anniversary approaches in the coming weeks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Yep, picked up from an OB in London. They had 3 delivered with more to come as the anniversary approaches in the coming weeks.
    Thanks for the info.

I think that looks stunning.......apart from the graphic in the sub dial. If that had been a normal dial in keeping with the others, it would have been perfect and the whole watch would have been truly classy. They could have kept any 'fancy bit' for the caseback. Just my opinion of course :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Personally I absolutely love that. What are the dimensions?
    It's a very cool watch in my humble opinion. 42mm case

Craftsman
    Very nice indeed. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fantastic watch! Many congratulations. I'm getting the one gold one from my AD (fingers crossed for the 20th July) and then the chance to buy the stainless steel one too. Your one looks amazing and thanks for the great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Fantastic watch! Many congratulations. I'm getting the one gold one from my AD (fingers crossed for the 20th July) and then the chance to buy the stainless steel one too. Your one looks amazing and thanks for the great photos.
    Thank you! I got to see the gold one today. Didn't think i'd like it to be honest. Expected it to be a bit too bling but my jaw dropped when I saw it. Simply stunning. I bet you can't wait!

Craftsman
    Congratulations! Mine is one of the three received so far at the OB, and I'm arranging to rendezvous with it early next week. Getting quite excited :-)

I was in the Sloane St AD the other day to pick up a link and casually asked if they had any in. The manger kindly brought one up from downstairs so I had a good look.

I'm not a fan of the vast majority of Speedmaster LEs, and I still didn't really like the look of this one, but in the metal it was fantastic. So perfectly executed and the subtle grey and gold just works. I could do without the graphic dial and if they ever released a similar swatch without that, I would definitely have to assess it more carefully.

She showed me the one gold version they had and that was just too much. I wasn't allowed to touch so I couldn't feel the weight, but way too bling bling for me.

Anyway, all four grey and the one gold were already sold, and she was hoping for another six grey. She joked that the store had hit its target for July already with those five.

Congratulations on your new toy

Craftsman
    Looks amazing... love the whole packaging..enjoy.. not a bit jealous!!

That's a fantastic set, congratulations!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Soooo jealous. Looks amazing, and just in time for the anniversary!

Craftsman
    Impressive package that, enjoy !

Craftsman
    That's lovely, congrats

Master
    Wow - very nice - well done 👍

Wow - wasn't expecting them to be available so early in the month. Congratulations - super exciting! Enjoy looking over your new watch. Can't wait to get the call.

Master
    Can I ask if you had to pay RRP, any discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    Can I ask if you had to pay RRP, any discount?

I normally get some discount as I've bought quite a bit from them over the years but they were pretty ridged on this one and wouldn't budge on price. Managed to get a couple of freebies chucked in instead.

Looks lovely, congratulations.

Master
    I was gearing up to say I didn’t like it, but the wrist shot looks great. A rare occasion when I think it looks better than the watch only pics...

Love the 'other side' of the watch.....

That is absolutely stunning

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just waiting for mine to arrive at everyone’s AD, really looking forward to seeing how comfortable the new bracelet is.

Master
    I normally get some discount as I've bought quite a bit from them over the years but they were pretty ridged on this one and wouldn't budge on price. Managed to get a couple of freebies chucked in instead.
    I see and thanks. Go on then what goodies - I ask as I have my name down for one.

Craftsman
    That oozes loveliness!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    I see and thanks. Go on then what goodies - I ask as I have my name down for one.

A NATO strap and an invite to a private screening of the latest Apollo 11 movie :-)
    Last edited by ataripower; 4th July 2019 at 17:39.

Apparently, not yet released In The German OBs. Well not in Berlin in any case!

Craftsman
    Absolutely beautiful watch.

Would love to be able to wear one but every time I get myself a speedy I’ve had to let it go as I find them too big on me.

@ 40mm and maybe a little slimmer, the speedy would be my all time favourite watch.

I stuck a PSA if someone wanted to get the one I have on reservation but the chap found one himself so if anyone wants to take his place let me know. There is also a slight discount on RRP I obtained so the price is around £7140 or so instead of the £7490 price.

Expected this month but no guarantee on the specific date. Let me know.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great offer for someone here. Well done Ryan.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    They have certainly got it right as far as pushing the speedster Ltd Eds goes, with a run of 6969 I don’t think you’ll struggle to get one to be fair and it should sit well under retail preowned for sure meaning anyone who wants one won’t have to get shafted on price
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    They have certainly got it right as far as pushing the speedster Ltd Eds goes, with a run of 6969 I don’t think you’ll struggle to get one to be fair and it should sit well under retail preowned for sure meaning anyone who wants one won’t have to get shafted on price
    Earlier today one of the London boutiques advised me they have over 100 people on their waiting list and even if I were to add my name there would be no guarantee of receiving the watch.

Craftsman
    That looks absoloutley superb!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Earlier today one of the London boutiques advised me they have over 100 people on their waiting list and even if I were to add my name there would be no guarantee of receiving the watch.
    Straight out of the AD guide to sales patter
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Straight out of the AD guide to sales patter
    It's possible, but I really think you're under estimating the significance of this piece and the worldwide attention it's receiving plus the fact that it's actually a stunning watch. These will all sell and quickly.

I must admit it’s stunning

Grand Master
    It's possible, but I really think you're under estimating the significance of this piece and the worldwide attention it's receiving plus the fact that it's actually a stunning watch. These will all sell and quickly.
    Its lovely, and yes I am sure it will have a market but almost 7000 is a lot of units for a anniversary edition and bi-metal!

Would I buy one? Absolutely Yes

Would I rather pay £2k less without the packaging?.....Yes

Will it gain in value over time?.....I think it will surge very slightly, simmer, and drop once we reach 55, 60, 70, 75 years

The 50th Anniversary edition they made didn’t and still doesn’t make big money at all and there’s far more Speedy enthusiasts than Moon Theorista.
    RIAC

Red face

£7,370

"gulp"

Craftsman
    Cracking looking watch-I really like it.

Craftsman

Marketplace

I think 100thmonkey has this spot on. If this 50th was a faithful reissue of the original with the 321 movement etc, then you would have been looking at one hell of a collectible, with prices quite easily doubling on the secondary market.

The 60th Anniversary Speedmaster reissue had all the ingredients to be a super collectible with just over 3000 pieces released but that that easily be picked up now in the secondary market and if WF are selling them at below RRP that tells you a lot about that release.

The 50th will initially spike as the flippers try to take some profit but I cannot foresee Blowers, WF etc paying a premium for this watch and with that the numbers on the secondary market will increase as the flippers and new to the market buyers who thought they would pull a few grand profit on this are left holding the baby and will look to cash out ASAP.

It is a nice watch, celebrating an important chapter but this is not a great watch that the moonwatch fans were really after and the big question will be just when does Omega release the new 321 movement in a moonwatch, we all know it will happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I think 100thmonkey has this spot on. If this 50th was a faithful reissue of the original with the 321 movement etc, then you would have been looking at one hell of a collectible, with prices quite easily doubling on the secondary market.

The 60th Anniversary Speedmaster reissue had all the ingredients to be a super collectible with just over 3000 pieces released but that that easily be picked up now in the secondary market and if WF are selling them at below RRP that tells you a lot about that release.

The 50th will initially spike as the flippers try to take some profit but I cannot foresee Blowers, WF etc paying a premium for this watch and with that the numbers on the secondary market will increase as the flippers and new to the market buyers who thought they would pull a few grand profit on this are left holding the baby and will look to cash out ASAP.

It is a nice watch, celebrating an important chapter but this is not a great watch that the moonwatch fans were really after and the big question will be just when does Omega release the new 321 movement in a moonwatch, we all know it will happen at some point.
    We all have opinions and that's all they are at this stage. My crystal ball packed up a few weeks ago so I'm going on gut feeling here. 6969 is obviously a high number. The 60th Anniversary Speedmaster does not compare to the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 in my opinion. A lot is being made of the quantity. I do recall a certain Bond watch coming out in 7007 pieces a few years ago. They all eventually sold and are now selling for a large premium. Time will tell

Craftsman
    I must admit i have my name down for one but it has got to really wow me when i see it because as a-lot of you wise forum guys say 6969 is a massive ltd edition
    If it makes me smile and happy its for me if not its a no
    I was shocked at the price and you guys will be right the movement and the bracelet will be available in the new speed-master without a mans bum on the dial

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    I must admit i have my name down for one but it has got to really wow me when i see it because as a-lot of you wise forum guys say 6969 is a massive ltd edition
    If it makes me smile and happy its for me if not its a no
    I was shocked at the price and you guys will be right the movement and the bracelet will be available in the new speed-master without a mans bum on the dial

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I agree, you have to love it as it's a serious amount of money. While it would be great if it holds it's value and commands a premium at some point, I don't actually care too much. Mine is being worn and shown off as much as possible. Bracelet is adjusted and stickers are off and i'm going to enjoy it whatever happens :-)

Journeyman
    Doesn’t quite do it for me in the same way the Speedy Tuesday did with the panda dial. Like other posters above have said, the real big Speedy that I’d be interested is the cal 321 re-issue that must be on the way soon

Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Doesn’t quite do it for me in the same way the Speedy Tuesday did with the panda dial. Like other posters above have said, the real big Speedy that I’d be interested is the cal 321 re-issue that must be on the way soon
    Yes but in a very limited platinum case I expect ££££££

I heard directly from a senior person from Omega that they can only make 2000 321 movements a year and that the first releases will be in precious metal cases.

I think it may be a little while yet (a year or two?) before we see this new 321 in a steel case so I wouldn’t hold your breath!

Wow
    Lucky fella

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk