closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mido - Anyone a fan?

Master

Mido - Anyone a fan?

Spotted this one on a fratello posting.
    Looks good to me. On the one occasion I handled a Mido I thought build quality was good.
    I agree with the Fratello review that limited edition should be dropped from the dial. Personally think that any modern sports / crossover watch should also provide 10bar. However think it’s a handsome piece . Also comes with the ETA 80hr power reserve . Which is stunning really considering that long power reserves were once the preserve of a few high end IWC and the like
    Pricing is midrange I’m guessing under a £1000

Master
    He was awful at Middlesbrough.
    Seriously though, the watch in question would look so much better without that ugly date feature.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    He was awful at Middlesbrough.
    Seriously though, the watch in question would look so much better without that ugly date feature.
    Strange how tastes differ that’s actually a plus point to me. Slightly Glashutteish.. if that makes any sense at all

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Strange how tastes differ that’s actually a plus point to me. Slightly Glashutteish.. if that makes any sense at all
    My preference is always non-date. There seems to be little if no marketing of the Mido brand over here, which is a shame. Would be good competition for the likes of Longines and Oris.

I was considering a Mido last year. On chrono24 there's a grey seller with *extremely* good prices for Mido, but be prepared for a long wait.

I forget which markets Mido are strong in, Meijlinder knows.

Browsing through their range, you notice that their are quite a few unusual designs. I didn't quite have the guts to commit to the one I fancied.

I like it very much . In this article by Gear patrol they are priced at $1090 , which at present is around £864 .

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/07/01/mi...versary-watch/

42mm, thin bezel, all-dial... it will wear large.

Craftsman
    If anybody is coming to Dublin or the East/middle Ireland for holidays there is an Hour Passion (Swatch) store in the Outlet village in Kildare. Usually have a decent selection of Mido with about 33 to 50% off. Never seen them anywhere else for sale though. Also stock Certina, Rado, Longines, Hamilton and Tissot.

Have had my Multifort roughly 4 years now. Still very happy with it. Build quality is excellent for the price (bracelet, especially clasp, could be better).

Mido has always had a strong presence in South America, but hasn't been a brand that Swatch has pushed in Europe or the US until recently.

Imo their designs are a bit hit 'n' miss, but when they get it right they are great vfm

Apprentice
    Mido are very good entry level swiss watches fromt he Swatch group. RRP in the UK is overpriced but I saw that Bicester outlet had them with reasonable prices after the discounts. Widely seen in SE Asia from my travels. Some deisgns are rather odd, yet some are nice.

Worth a look at the £500-700 range for sure.

Apprentice
    I very nearly bought one and still might one day.

Dullest advertising ever doing them no good.
    "Inspired by architecture"

Whatever...

A part from that I like them. Nice clean cut design.

BUBI 0_0

I very nearly bought one a couple of months ago (and still might). Although the outlet store in Bicester told me they aren't allowed to sell the current range (so sell earlier models at great discount) and the store in Gatwick (airside) closed for a refit. Funnily enough I found that there's a pretty wide range including current models selling at good prices on Amazon

Master
    Ive been so close to getting either of these....