closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audermars piguet

Craftsman

Audermars piguet

Hi
    As usual with this weird hobby/obsession i am thinking of another watch
    The only watch that i ever regretted selling was an ap royal oak offshore rubberised bezel
    I think the main reason i sold it was i was selling a few watches to a dealer and he noticed my ap and had a look and said to me be careful with the bezel as he noticed a couple of marks on it already and they were very expensive to replace
    Paranoia kicks in and didnt wear it much after that
    Ive just seen pictures of the ap offshore diver and i like it
    My question is are the rubberised bezels that bad and with all the variations of ap offshore what suggestions do you have for scratching this itch

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

As far as i know the rubberclad bezels are quite pricey to replace and they can't be polished/rebrushed if they show signs of wear. They are also sensitive to
    chemical and mechanical influences like suncream, oil, uv light, rubbing etc.

Ceramic bezels hold up well against these influences, also against scratches, but they can chip or break and a replacement is very expensive.

Steel and gold bezels can be refinished if needed and the replacement of an offshore steel bezel goes around 800€. Which is ok, compared to the prices of more ore less complex modern steel bezels of other high end brands. So stick with steel.

Craftsman
    I’m sure I read somewhere that you could get the rubber bezel swapped out for a ceramic one. No idea what the cost is though

Master
    I had a steel bezel with which I could live with the scratches to start with but then a polish got messed up and I had to replace the bezel which along with service got to be very expensive.
    Had a rubber clad but that does slowly deteriorate over time, but obviously does not scratch up though can mark.
    Now trying out ceramic. Really like it so far. Only concern is getting a chip but I am usually pretty careful so hopefully I can avoid that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWatches View Post
    As far as i know the rubberclad bezels are quite pricey to replace and they can't be polished/rebrushed if they show signs of wear. They are also sensitive to
    chemical and mechanical influences like suncream, oil, uv light, rubbing etc.

Ceramic bezels hold up well against these influences, also against scratches, but they can chip or break and a replacement is very expensive.

Steel and gold bezels can be refinished if needed and the replacement of an offshore steel bezel goes around 800€. Which is ok, compared to the prices of more ore less complex modern steel bezels of other high end brands. So stick with steel.
    A massively expensive watch built for diving that has a bezel susceptible to UV and sun cream

It‘s an AP Chrono not a Diver ;)

They place it as a sports watch, therefore I think it‘s ok to go with rubber. Rubber has the advantage to withstand small knocks without issues. But in the long run it won‘t be that easy to service as a metall bezel.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWatches View Post
    It‘s an AP Chrono not a Diver ;)

They place it as a sports watch, therefore I think it‘s ok to go with rubber. Rubber has the advantage to withstand small knocks without issues. But in the long run it won‘t be that easy to service as a metall bezel.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Ahhh! Ok, thank goodness for that 😃

Craftsman
    Has anyone had experience of the royal oak offshore v offshore diver
    I like the look of the diver but how do the two compare on the wrist

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I've owned both the 42mm diver and 42mm ROO chrono. I found the diver quite heavy on the wrist so sold it for a carbon case ROO chrono with ceramic bezel. Great watch and no regrets, the ceramic bezel is my favourite part!

The Bumble Bee is one of the nicest AP ROO out there

light, colorful and durable. Great watch.