closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alpine A110

Craftsman

Alpine A110

Does anyone on here have one, looking to pull the trigger but would appreciate what the car is like to live with on a daily basis?

Nice choice
    Love something a bit different. I think someone here ordered a launch edition one.
    Are you after the (classic) Alpine blue colour?

Craftsman
    Hopefully going to go for the Pure edition with active sports exhaust and upgraded brakes in Alpine blue. Going to have to sell some of my vintage Rolex sports watches to fund it though 😩

Craftsman
    Lovely car! Probably good value for money in the UK?
    Regretfully a bit to expensive to my taste overhere in NL (as most nice cars....)
    Starts at €75.000- €80.000..

Great car, bit pricey,

Journeyman
    The only thing that sticks in my memory about this car was that it ended up as a pile of cinders after catching fire on top gear. Maybe an extinguisher is an optional extra.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by browjam View Post
    Does anyone on here have one, looking to pull the trigger but would appreciate what the car is like to live with on a daily basis?
    Interested as I’m close to fisting the the kumquat too...

Craftsman
    I recently had a test drive. Amazing sound and lovely interior but I’m not convinced by the looks of the front end and for around £500 per month, I left thinking there was a good few alternatives at or less than the same price that I would enjoy just as much.

Great choice though and a rare sight indeed!

Craftsman
    A friend of mine has one and loves it. Remarkably well kitted out given its weight

Had a launch edition in order but bailed

Was going to be £55k in the end, couldn’t justify that expense on a Tin top with auto box, plus worried about the potential for Renault like depreciation, and megane already had more power with same drivetrain

In the end bought a ‘65 mustang fastback.....with a tin top and auto box....logic is a wonderful thing

Master
    Blog Entries
    Saw one at the classic Motorshow last autumn and it looked ace. Better than in pics in my view, especially at the back which when looking at spynshots looked a bit weird.

Residuals and French car traits put me off.

I really like it... but bought a Cayman.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    I recently had a test drive. Amazing sound and lovely interior but I’m not convinced by the looks of the front end and for around £500 per month, I left thinking there was a good few alternatives at or less than the same price that I would enjoy just as much.

Great choice though and a rare sight indeed!
    I would be genuinely interested to hear your views on other cars that are the same price or cheaper that would be as much fun. I have been looking at these recently and all of the reviews seem very favourable and other than a Lotus (which I love, but have got expensive!) I can’t think of too many alternatives at the nearly new end of the spectrum.
    Thanks

Craftsman
    Thank you for the feedback, I think that the depreciation might be an issue but given that only 250 are coming into the UK every year and the fact that the cars are made in a separate factory to Renault they are carving out a real identity.
    Lots of reasons not to buy one, auto, 1.8 engine, French etc but having now driven one I am sold, oh and the wife wouldn’t get in a Caterham so this is the best compromise, hold on perhaps I will go for a Caterham 😆

I believe that the Alpine has a seven speed dual clutch transmission. Although that has an automatic mode, it isn’t what we all typically call an automatic gearbox with all the implications of slow, slushy changes through a torque converter.

In terms of gear changes it will have more in common with a BMW M3, Audi R8, some Lamborghinis and Ferraris etc.