closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Tesla owners?

Any Tesla owners?

Been considering the Model 3 this past week. Saw the Top Gear review and read a fair bit and really interested. I drive about 400 miles a week for work and get paid per mile vs. on fuel so was considering the amount I'd save on fuel to off site the price somewhat.

Anyone got experiences or thoughts on this? Anyone seen the true cost of ownership vs. what Tesla say on their website? How inconvenient is it to find a charging spot?

Master
    Blog Entries
    No idea what the 3 is like, but the build quality has been awful in the mother models I have been in

I too am considering a Model 3, but a bit surprised by the lease costs and mileage restrictions to be honest.

I’d want the Performance version- and seems to be coming in around £700 per month for what is essentially a 50k car - which seems high.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I too am considering a Model 3, but a bit surprised by the lease costs and mileage restrictions to be honest.

I’d want the Performance version- and seems to be coming in around £700 per month for what is essentially a 50k car - which seems high.
    Yea it's really tricky, it's at that number where I've thought about the amount you'd save in fuel and how that would offset.. but it still is a massive commitment to a technology and company that has a fairly uncertain trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told 10k down and 200 a month and if you do it through the company zero BIK and can sell it back to yourself (at market price) in a few years. Certainly a few people I know who know cars and numbers are looking seriously at the base model as company cars and they never used to bother with company cars (director/shareholders) due to BIK cost.

Master
    Considering it for the wife's next car, lease price dependant.
    The one draw back for us is we only have on street parking so charging at home could be problematic

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Have you considered a Kia ENero as an alternative?
    Much cheaper, bigger and better range.
    It’s what I will be looking at for my next taxi unless something better comes out within the next three years.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Have you considered a Kia ENero as an alternative?
    Much cheaper, bigger and better range.
    It’s what I will be looking at for my next taxi unless something better comes out within the next three years.
    Interesting, I hadn't but I'll have a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk