closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: rolex 116710LN

rolex 116710LN

Is this a good deal? A colleague of mine spotted my 2008 LN on the rare occasions I wear it,he likes it and offer me 7K for it there and then.I never thought of selling and wondered in the present market is it a good offer? Watchfinder seem to advertise them at 9k plus!!,but we all know watchfinder are a bit out there on price. Not really thought of selling ,still love the watch,but it has got me thinking

Master
    Simple question, if you sell the Rolex and get the £7k (assuming you don't haggle) what are you going to do with the money ?

Nothing in this world is guaranteed but right now Rolex is a cast iron investment and if you don't need the money, hold onto it.

The cheapest one advertised on chrono24 is just shy of £8k (apart from a dlc coated one); the cheapest in the uk is £8.5k.

£7k therefore seems low and you wouldn’t be able to buy another to replace it fir that price should you have any regrets.

Grand Master
    Heres my logic on it, when it was a £5k watch did everyone want one? A few did, discontinue it and pay more! Come on that’s not a logical reason to buy one. If you didn’t love it at £5k why do you love it at £9k! The watch worlds mad
    RIAC

If the offer really has ''got you thinking'' then the watch is probably no longer as special to you as it once may have been, look around at what you might get more pleasure from with £7k,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Heres my logic on it, when it was a £5k watch did everyone want one? A few did, discontinue it and pay more! Come on that’s not a logical reason to buy one. If you didn’t love it at £5k why do you love it at £9k! The watch worlds mad
    Whilst that’s true Kerry, it’s a completely different discussion.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Always been a favourite of mine as it was my first ever Rolex, in all honesty I prefer it over the BLNR.

Keep it.

Paid £8,725 for a pre-owned 2016 model earlier this year as I couldn’t afford one when it was retailing for £5,500. I happen to think it’s the nicest Rolex GMT and who knows where it may end up?!

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Is this a good deal? A colleague of mine spotted my 2008 LN on the rare occasions I wear it,he likes it and offer me 7K for it there and then.I never thought of selling and wondered in the present market is it a good offer? Watchfinder seem to advertise them at 9k plus!!,but we all know watchfinder are a bit out there on price. Not really thought of selling ,still love the watch,but it has got me thinking
    And replace it with what with 7k? That’s the question.

Master
    I think it's the best GMT too and am surprised Rolex cut it. I was trying to get one about 5 weeks before Basel and ad had an inkling it might be going as they hadn't had one in for months.

Master
    he likes it and offer me 7K for it there and then.
    That kind of offer sounds to me like an opening bid. I can't see that he has thought "What's the absolute most I would spend to acquire that watch? Right, I'll offer him that.".

Master
    Blog Entries
    Now Rolex have dropped the black GMT I think it's likely to appreciate more than the batman/girl from where they are now.

Craftsman

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Agree with 100thmonkey on this regards this watch, no great interest when it was in circulation but certainly no dud but suddenly it is discontinued and the world needs one before prices supposedly sky rocket because that is what all discontinued Rolex’s do! There a very few true Rolex investment watches outwith this current hyped up market and the LN is not one of them in my opinion.

In regards price WF and Chrono dealers may be asking £9k for this model but they are certainly not buying them in at that price and I think £7-7.5k is a fair price for a 10 year old watch which I assume is due a service sometime soon.

Yes, like the so-called experts who said the Omega Snoopy wasn’t worth £4K and advised against going anywhere near it when it first appeared....

A colleague at work is in the same boat – 3-year-old Sub date, he got it at a discount through a friend of the family and someone has offered him £7.5k. He doesn't wear it anymore as the Speedmaster never leaves his wrist.

I said if it was me I'd take it but I don't like the six-digit cases so I might be biased.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s a belter of a watch, very underrated. Nine of the GMTs are worth the grey values

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    It’s a belter of a watch, very underrated. Nine of the GMTs are worth the grey values
    Which nine?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Which nine?

All nine:-)

I think 7.5k is a fair price for a 2008 example (with box & papers). As has been said, asking prices are rarely achieved and just an invitation to make a counter offer.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Torn,love the watch and know i would never be able to afford one again,but 7-7.5k plus gets me a newer car ,or great holidays for the family ,or do I keep it and hope it holds/increases in value? its a tough old world.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    A colleague at work is in the same boat – 3-year-old Sub date, he got it at a discount through a friend of the family and someone has offered him £7.5k. He doesn't wear it anymore as the Speedmaster never leaves his wrist.

I said if it was me I'd take it but I don't like the six-digit cases so I might be biased.
    If it helps him decide, I sold an 18 month old version to Watchfinder 3 weeks ago for that price. They put it up at £9495 and it went in 2 days. Not sure how much for but as I say it went quick.

So I'd say he could get more but that would be a quick and easy sale for him. I was happy to go via Watchfinder for the ease, knew I could get more but didn't want to advertise on here as sadly Rolex threads just evolve into ridiculousness in SC (plus wouldn't like to make money on here too)

Torn,love the watch and know i would never be able to afford one again,but 7-7.5k plus gets me a newer car ,or great holidays for the family ,or do I keep it and hope it holds/increases in value? its a tough old world.
    Why not try and get a few quotes from watrchbuyers? Might help you make up your mind. If they come in a lot lower, go for the sale mentioned? If not, then you may get more or decide to keep?

Craftsman
    Love to see a picture would be tempted myself as have been looking to get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk