closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Seiko Divers.

Master

New Seiko Divers.

I like the look of these Seiko Divers, particularly the Blue/Black Bezel.
    Excuse the poor photo, borrowed from a Glossy, 3x Stellas in.
    Helpfully no mention of price, have a feeling these could be a few quid... IMG_1412.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Unfortunately for me it’ll probably be at least 44mm. Or is that fortunately (for my bank balance)

It says "spring drive" on the dial, so 2k plus at the very very least. And yes, probably massive.

GMT seems a bit unusual on a diver?

You could inadvertently swim across time zones 😉

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    GMT seems a bit unusual on a diver?
    Looks like it's only the land and sky ones which have GMT functionality. Diver looks like a Spring Drive mm300 which is no bad thing. I like the new take on the Landmaster, but not at those prices!

Ludicrous pricing, and you would be pretty miffed to realise that the same case they are offering at 300m WR is downgraded all the way to 100m WR for the Dky versions.
    Makes you realise how well specified the BB GMT is.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    you would be pretty miffed to realise that the same case they are offering at 300m WR is downgraded all the way to 100m WR for the Dky versions.
    It's not the same case, the 10bar models are 1.0mm thinner.

It obviously works for them since they keep doing it, but I just feel Seiko miss the mark with these massive dive watches. These in ~42mm are great - but 45mm is way too much.

For me, the pricing of the higher level Seikos are also getting too high, you could almost have two Tudors for that price - these will sit forever at those prices

I am sure these will be a good buy on the secondary market. They will drop like a stone from the sky high retail prices.

Supremely ugly IMO

They must appeal to someone though or Seiko wouldn't make them.

Silly money.

Let's see what they can be had for on a miserable mid January afternoon next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    It's not the same case, the 10bar models are 1.0mm thinner.
    Okay, I stand corrected, but WHY?
    They look identical, same diameter etc. So why not give them the same WR. Makes no sense to me

Hmmm really don't get it. The GS Spring Drive Diver is a thing of beauty and around the same price - so why buy one of these?

Love the Titanium version, stunning looking watch. Maybe £2500 but have I read right between 5 and 6 thousand Euros, too much for a Seiko watch, only my opinion of course

Okay, I stand corrected, but WHY?
    They look identical, same diameter etc. So why not give them the same WR. Makes no sense to me
    I look forward to your thread slagging off the Rolex GMT for only being 100m WR

Different thing altogether.
    These are all new models, released together at the same show. They use an identical-looking and diameter MM-derived case, but have different WR, 100, 200m and 300m.
    Okay, maybe the sea version needs 300m, but does the land version need the 200m as opposed to the sky needing 100m?
    There really is no justification for the difference, they've just done it to make a difference.
    D

There really is no justification for the difference, they've just done it to make a difference.
    If they had all been 300m, someone could equally have written, there really is no justification for not differentiating between the various models, they've just done it to make them uniform.

I've never interacted with you before, but I've always admired and taken on board your deeply knowledgeable contributions. This moment is feeling like a real outlier.

These are the prospex professional range - one for land, sea and air. Only one is a diver - that has 300m. They're all titanium and finished to GS level. I personally like the land version, but for a non GS the pricing is a bit high.

Master
    I am definitely interested in one of the GMT models. With the spring drive movement, proper traveler's GMT and titanium case will make a great holiday watch.

I hope for that price they have upgraded the bracelets. All three seem like nice watches but prices are unrealistic.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Slade View Post
    Hmmm really don't get it. The GS Spring Drive Diver is a thing of beauty and around the same price - so why buy one of these?
    +1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Might explain the price to a degree

The LX line was developed in collaboration with Ken Okuyama Design. With his international experience in the design of automobiles and other high-profile products, Ken Okuyama brings his own special creativity to Prospex LX. At the Baselworld launch, he said ‘’My aim was to take the unique inheritance and integrity that Seiko has built in sports watches over the decades and to bring them alive in a design that has simplicity, harmony, power and presence. The Prospex LX is a true Seiko with a thoroughly contemporary feel.’’

https://www.seikowatches.com/uk-en/news/20190321-5

There's more here by The Telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/w...nd-sky-models/

There's only one I'd have but it would need to be second hand to even begin to be able to justify.