closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Battery Lawnmowers

Battery Lawnmowers

Hi. What are your experiences of recent lithium battery powered lawnmowers?

I currently have a big cylinder mower and find it isn't ideal for my needs. Due to kids we have swings and climbing frames to cut round. The lawn is also pretty small at 75-100m^2. I find the cylinder won't cut soldiers or 'stingers' ie the taller seed bearing stalks of the grass because they're rolled flat by the front roller. It also struggles with the coarse agricultural and wild grasses that infiltrate from neighbouring fields as these also grow tall quite quickly. I'm therefore looking for a battery powered rotary one instead. I don't expect battery life to be an issue given the size.

I have a worx 18v drill, which I understand is compatible with the newer 20v worx kit and also with a number of other brands like einhell, so I'd like to use that compatibility if I can, although I'd expect to but a lawnmower with batteries rather than a bare body.

This recent thread drifts into some discussion/recommendations re: battery mowers, as I asked a similar question.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...trol-lawnmower

Thanks, I did see that. The Ego mowers look great but I'm probably looking at something quite a bit cheaper.

Master
    I have the worx li-ion lawnmower and it's great. Obviously no need to worry about extension leads/cutting the cable but I would say 100sqm might be a tad too large. My lawn is smaller (around 50sqm) and the battery just about powers the mower and the edge trimmer too. Maybe check the reviews/specs to make sure the coverage.

Master
    I have just invested in most of the Ego range and would say they are the only battery range I would have gone for. Superb products and the batterie technology is really good. They are a little on the pricy side but to my mind worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Have had the Bosch Rotak Li 43 for 8 years now and still going strong. It came with two batteries which is needed for the larger lawn. Highly recommended.

Did you try the others?