closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pilton Music Festival

Pilton Music Festival

Anyone there/going?

Looks like it set up to be a great weekend for it.

I went three times in my 20s (25 years ago). Always bunked in, but understand security is now impenetrable. Once paid a few quid to a lad to use the hole he had dug to get in.

I would like to go again as an oldie, but tickets are like rocking horse doodoo, or I can't click fast enough on the day they sell them. So, I'll have something cold while I watch it on telly.

Pilton Music Festival

What, nobody going to Glastonbury this weekend?

Don’t know if the title confused, but that was the name of the very first Glastonbury music festival
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 27th June 2019 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    What, nobody going to Glastonbury this weekend?

Don’t know if the title confused, but that was the name of the very first Glastonbury music festival
    Its in Pilton but the farm is Worthy farm isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah you've changed your post

Master
    I'm lying in bed and all I hear through the window is howling wind and thump thump thump. Never been, never intend to. Seems its just a bit if a fashion statemtnthese days. What with the whole wearing the wristband for a month after the even and all that crap.

Me, bitter? Possibly. Doesn't help that my boss always goes, and leaves me to run the business for a week, despite me being just a minimum wage lacky whose job role entails nothing of the sort. The CEO asked me today if I was attending, and politely informed her that even if I wanted to I couldn't because someone had to bring in the cash and keep her smiling.

Craftsman
    Problem now is that it’s nigh on impossible for everyone that you plan on going with to get tickets. Back in the day there would be a dozen of us that all went and you could all guarantee tickets.

I’ve been three times (about ten years ago) and it really is a quality festival. You could spend all weekend walking about the place and not see a band if you wanted to, and TBH looking at this year’s lineup that’s what I’d do :)

Problem is with Glasto now is that it’s become a Festival full of the Pink-Welly Brigade who just want to Instagram the **** out of everything. That said, it’s a magical place and there’s no festival quite like it on the planet. Unfortunately the days of rocking up to a random tent at 1am and catching Amy and Pete Doherty acoustic are long gone.
    Last edited by gavsw20; 28th June 2019 at 12:20.

I feel for everyone living near to the festival!!

Step son used to live in Compton just up the road from worthy farm getting to and home from work on Thurs to Tues was a nightmare.
    Security pass have to be collected a week earlier so you can get through the checks.

Most of his neighbours went on holiday when the festival was on .
    It's now massive and I could be wrong but I think it's a 100,000 plus attend?
    All on country b roads !!

Master
    Traffic has been really good this year to the point where it’s actually been quieter than normal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    I feel for everyone living near to the festival!!

Step son used to live in Compton just up the road from worthy farm getting to and home from work on Thurs to Tues was a nightmare.
    Security pass have to be collected a week earlier so you can get through the checks.

Most of his neighbours went on holiday when the festival was on .
    It's now massive and I could be wrong but I think it's a 100,000 plus attend?
    All on country b roads !!
    Capacity for this year is 210k.

Craftsman
    Wondering if any other Edinburgh colleagues are having a little smile at this thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Capacity for this year is 210k.
    Bloody he'll, just listening to the radio ,traffic report says A303 really busy with Glastonbury traffic!!!!

Master
    Traffic has been really good this year to the point where it’s actually been quieter than normal.
    That was my experience. Drove down to street for some shopping and it was business as normal. A couple of years ago a colleague sat in traffic for 6 hours trying to get to work in Glastonbury.

We are all a bit fooked at work right now. Ridiculous weather and we are all having to sleep with bedroom windows closed getting little sleep. Sweaty Betty!

Returning to Sziget - the island of freedom - this year thanks to a rather thoughtful birthday gift from Mrs C. Eclectic, affordable, and full of crazy Dutch. What's not to like?

A few UK festivals have a bit too much of this about them these days:

Master
    Stormzy’s performance is amazing so far.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    That was my experience. Drove down to street for some shopping and it was business as normal. A couple of years ago a colleague sat in traffic for 6 hours trying to get to work in Glastonbury.

We are all a bit fooked at work right now. Ridiculous weather and we are all having to sleep with bedroom windows closed getting little sleep. Sweaty Betty!
    Ahh, that will have been the 13 mile tail backs then. We are 7/8 miles from the festival and it was standstill way past us heading to the M5.

Thing is you could easily go about your business as long as you knew how to get opposite way to the traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post

Well, thats 2 words I never expected to see used in the same sentence and I don't mean so and far.

"A man of little significance"

Master

takes all sorts, but amazing is a word I’d struggle to comprehend a bit like his lyrics.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    takes all sorts, but amazing is a word I’d struggle to comprehend a bit like his lyrics.
    I’d obviously heard of him but didn’t know the music until last night. As a long time rap/electro listener (since the early eighties) I was curious. The energy, rapport and showmanship warranted the adjective imho. A worthy headliner for the first full night I thought.

I’d obviously heard of him but didn’t know the music until last night. As a long time rap/electro listener (since the early eighties) I was curious. The energy, rapport and showmanship warranted the adjective imho. A worthy headliner for the first full night I thought.

I too was a teenager in the mid 80s and grew up with most of the electro and rap of the time. Today's rap is missing a very large capital C in front of it, Stormzy or whoever he is is no exception. I particularly like the BBC presenters, especially Jo Whiley with her unfaltering enthusiasm where apparently everything is amazing. Anyway, anyone know when John Denvers up?

Needed a belt too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Needed a belt too.
    True dat

Master
    Great festival again for me, gruelling at times because of the heat, beats 2007 and 2016 for having no mud though!

Blog Entries
    last time i worked there was 2016, very wet all week!

Master
    Does anyone else think the sound quality of the BBC Pyramid stage coverage has been absolutely terrible?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I would like to go again as an oldie, but tickets are like rocking horse doodoo, or I can't click fast enough on the day they sell them. So, I'll have something cold while I watch it on telly.
    Me too - I used to swerve Glasto and go to the Reading festival in the 90s. Regret now not going before it turned into Spring Break goes to Somerset

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Me too - I used to swerve Glasto and go to the Reading festival in the 90s. Regret now not going before it turned into Spring Break goes to Somerset
    Ha! Best (and most accurate) description I've heard. I'll have to steal that for work. I don't think the boss will be impressed :)

Does anyone else think the sound quality of the BBC Pyramid stage coverage has been absolutely terrible?
    Couldn’t agree more, they’ve been covering this long enough to get it right but it’s been shocking. I’m still always amazed at how crap the BBC presenters are when filling in (with the possible exception of Mark Radcliffe).

Catch Jeff Goldblum on the iplayer, some wonderful playing (albeit not necessarily by him). Goldblum would be a national treasure if he was a Brit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Couldn’t agree more, they’ve been covering this long enough to get it right but it’s been shocking. I’m still always amazed at how crap the BBC presenters are when filling in (with the possible exception of Mark Radcliffe).

Catch Jeff Goldblum on the iplayer, some wonderful playing (albeit not necessarily by him). Goldblum would be a national treasure if he was a Brit.
    The start of Kylie’s set was horrendous, not sure if she’s having technical issues as there’s much fiddling with the ear pieces going on. We’re about half way through on catch up now and the sound has improved slightly.

We managed about 20 mins of the Killers last night as you couldn’t hear the vocals.

Blog Entries
    the cure are great, after all these years.

Master
    The Cure outstanding performance and energy from the old timers

IDLES blew me sideways with their emotional and exuberant set.

Master
    I gave Stormzy a couple of minutes and had to turn over but I do appreciate I'm not his target audience. I don't know much about Myley Cirus but I thought she was very good live.

Miley Cyrus was great. In many respects.

Did anyone have the misfortune to see any of `Lizzos` performance?
    Nearly blew chunks..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Did anyone have the misfortune to see any of `Lizzos` performance?
    Nearly blew chunks..
    Just the 1 song on BBC highlights, though I’m not sure I’d describe it as a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    Wondering if any other Edinburgh colleagues are having a little smile at this thread title.
    Ha Ha! I have spent a few years in Edinburgh. The thought of a festival in Pilton would have me running for my life!

Owl1
    Been 5 or 6 times back in the 90's ( before the fence ) Never had a ticket . Seems to be a bit tame now and the main acts are a bit shit since being on the BBC IMO . David Bowie was on the last time I was there .