closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai Spring Button

Craftsman

Panerai Spring Button

My PAM090 “quick release” spring button does not want to let go of the bar to enable me to switch straps.
    One side works fine, but the other will not push out no matter how hard I press.
    In truth it has been troublesome for some time when pushing the bar back in, but not had an issue with extraction before!
    On reading various forums this is not unknown but is normally accompanied by the button popping out.
    Mine seems to work fine in that when I depress with the Panerai tool it has the same degree of “spring” as the working side.
    Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix other than drilling out and replacing with spring bars?
    I would like to resolve if possible without the need for a new case !
    Many thanks

I’ve heard of this before,and I think your right in saying panerai will want to supply a new case.
    I don’t think you’ll need to drill it to fit a spring bar has I wouldn’t think the button would interfere,there’s probably still enough room for it to go in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hi
    The issue is though I cannot get the bar out to switch with a spring bar.
    The bar won’t push out.
    That is why I am thinking to extract it may need to be drilled out.
    Cheers

Master
    Have you tried soaking the watch in warm water. It's possible that gunk might be holding up part of the mechanism.

For similar reasons, perhaps a bit of WD40.

PS I'm not a watchmaker so take anything I say with a pinch of salt and at you own risk.

Journeyman
    Try putting only the part with the pusher to ultrasonic cleaner,I know someone with the same problem who did that and finally managed to regain control of the button

Master
    You're only options are to get the case ultrasonic cleaned to see if that works or drill it out and replace with spring bars. Panerai will not repair, they will just supply a new case.

Craftsman
    Update to thread...

Managed to push the bar out after soaking the button with WD40.

Used a wooden toothpick to push / force the bar out.(as I didn’t want to snap another a Panerai plastic tool !)

On inspection of the “mechanism” with an eyeglass I cannot see why the bar will not easily push past.

I have now resorted to using some emery paper to rub down the profile of the end of the bar.

This seems to have improved the removal and refitting of the bar but again it still requires some force.

Decided to send it off for a service and closer inspection to Prestige Time Services.

Hopefully they will be able to sort.

In the meantime I ordered a new strap from Panerai.

Smart but casual as they say.