closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: For Apple Geeks only! Siri shortcut to resize and upload pics to Imgur automatically

Master

For Apple Geeks only! Siri shortcut to resize and upload pics to Imgur automatically

I’m putting this down to having the worst man ‘flu in history and so being bored out of my mind. But anyway, I just found you can create a shortcut on an iPhone / iPad using Apple’s Shortcuts app (which might need downloading from the App Store for free), which automatically resizes a picture to reasonable dimensions and uploads it to Imgur for you. I thought I’d share it in case anyone out there is geeky enough to (a) care and (b) think it’s worth doing the same thing.

The upside is, you can just say ‘Hey Siri upload that picture’ (or your preferred recorded phrase), select the picture or pictures and it will do the rest for you. You can also find the shortcut in the share menu if you set it up that way. You’ll still have to copy the link from the Imgur app yourself though (press and hold the picture and hit copy link when it comes up) and paste it into your post with the right square bracket stuff. For which you can also create a shortcut in settings btw. I find it strangely satisfying.

Responses I am expecting:
    - What?
    - I hate Apple, my XXXX Android phone is way better and you could do that twenty five years ago
    - So how do you upload a picture?
    - Why don’t you just use Tapatalk it’s great? Sent from my SM-G9267560F using Tapatalk
    - You must be incredibly bored.

Here’s a screen grab of the shortcut, uploaded using the shortcut. There’s probably a better way to share it but I don’t know what it is.

Last edited by Itsguy; 27th June 2019 at 20:36.

Master
    Great tip!
    I will try that later

<Sent from my iPhone of course as I am an Apple geek>

What app is being used for the resize step there?

Master

For Apple Geeks only! Siri shortcut to resize and upload pics to Imgur automatically

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    What app is being used for the resize step there?
    The resize is a function within shortcuts itself, you can just search for it in the search field. I don’t know what maths it’s using so will have to see how good the results are - presumably the same as used for shrinking images in emails.

NB I used to use the app ‘Image size’ for this step which worked fine, but the whole process had a few too many steps, and it was always a pain locating the resized photo among many albums. So for this reason the shortcut does save some bother. I notice that a lot of people simply don’t resize their photos these days, maybe due to not having found a simple way to do it on a phone. But if you’re viewing the Friday thread on a desktop screen when you should be working, the result is far from ideal, with lots of giant pictures of hairy wrists and dinner plate sized watch closeups!
    Last edited by Itsguy; 28th June 2019 at 08:44.