closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone want a 1960s Marconi Signal Generator?

Anyone want a 1960s Marconi Signal Generator?

I can't post this in SC as i) it's not mine & ii) it's not for sale, it's a give-away (fund-raiser donation welcomed).

A fellow radio-amateur friend has a working, all-original Marconi AM/FM signal generator 1.5MHz - 220MHz he's looking to get rid of, no further need.

If anyone is interested it's clearly FoC and ready to collect from Dorset. I do travel up and down the country occasionally so if you are on one of my regular routes north we could try to arrange a drop-off or meet half-way.

PM if you're interested or know someone who might be. The present owner is retired and thinning out his radio gear.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    I can't post this in SC as i) it's not mine & ii) it's not for sale, it's a give-away (fund-raiser donation welcomed).

A fellow radio-amateur friend has a working, all-original Marconi AM/FM signal generator 1.5MHz - 220MHz he's looking to get rid of, no further need.

If anyone is interested it's clearly FoC and ready to collect from Dorset. I do travel up and down the country occasionally so if you are on one of my regular routes north we could try to arrange a drop-off or meet half-way.

PM if you're interested or know someone who might be. The present owner is retired and thinning out his radio gear.
    Would have thought this was straight up Mr Curta's street,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Would have thought this was straight up Mr Curta's street,
    You are not wrong there. If I can find a spot that passes the Mrs Curta test I’ll be sending a PM.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

All received and replied to! That's great.

Master
    Hmmm, I know nothing about Marconi signal generators, but I now need one!

A long overdue update is required. Massive thanks to catch21 for going out of his way to deliver this to my door last year, and for promoting it here in the first place. Although portable in a very military sense, it is a large piece of equipment so it took me some time to sort out a permanent home with a decent rack and power source. I love older technology that still works and serves a purpose, and I'm using it as a source to test some spectrum analyser equipment at the moment. It looks great as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    A long overdue update is required. Massive thanks to catch21 for going out of his way to deliver this to my door last year, and for promoting it here in the first place. Although portable in a very military sense, it is a large piece of equipment so it took me some time to sort out a permanent home with a decent rack and power source. I love older technology that still works and serves a purpose, and I'm using it as a source to test some spectrum analyser equipment at the moment. It looks great as well!

Lovely bit of kit. As is the Avo hiding in the corner. What's missing is a Techronix Oscilloscope complete with a green screen CRT monitor.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Although portable in a very military sense,
    I fondly remember the squadron having a portable lightweight gennie that was something between a 6 and an 8 man lift depending on how far it needed to be carried...
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I fondly remember the squadron having a portable lightweight gennie that was something between a 6 and an 8 man lift depending on how far it needed to be carried...
    Thats a real beauty. Triggered memories of the Cossor 555 portable ILS test set we used in 70s, was like going to the Gym carrying it around !

Craftsman
    Forgive my lack of knowledge, what does it do. Looks a great item

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB1969 View Post
    I was just going to post exactly the same question and statement! It looks like something out of a James Bond movie...

Quote Originally Posted by PHB1969 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_generator

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    What's missing is a Techronix Oscilloscope complete with a green screen CRT monitor.
    A mite less auspicious, but I have three Telequipment 'scopes that need a new home. They are very much spares-or-repair, free to anyone who can be troubled to visit south Lincs.

I also have one which is minty. Prefer the amber screen filter mind... Pic before it was serviced -

This Meratronik V543 multimeter sits along with the AVO. It has a lovely clear Nixie tube display with 30mm tall digits.

^^^ I like the sine wave tube, I haven't seen one of those before!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    ^^^ I like the sine wave tube, I haven't seen one of those before!
    It's great, isn't it? - Multifunction tube for indicating positive, negative and AC.

It's great, isn't it? - Multifunction tube for indicating positive, negative and AC.

That is adorable! Good thing nixies are generally long-lived - wouldn't want to try and source a replacement!

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    That is adorable! Good thing nixies are generally long-lived - wouldn't want to try and source a replacement!
    German orange coated RFT Z566M tubes, really lovely proportions. http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/nix...566M/z566m.htm

They are getting harder to find but some NOS are still out there at a price. A few years ago I bought a batch from Nocrotec to build a clock but they don't seem to have stock now.