closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Winding Box

Watch Winding Box

Morning All,

A friend of mine is 50 end of next week. His wife wants to get him a nice watch winder.

Any suggestions? £100 to £1000 budget.

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Morning All,

A friend of mine is 50 end of next week. His wife wants to get him a nice watch winder.

Any suggestions? £100 to £1000 budget.

Kind Regards
    How many watches should the box support as the budget is pretty wide?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Useful if you have a large rotation and take 2-3 watches out of storage to rotate/alternate for a week or two.

Master
    It all depends on your lifestyle.

When I was working, I would have begrudged the time spent setting up an unwound watch because time was precious. Today being retired, I am time rich, no pressure, no hassle and I am chilled and relaxed, so resetting a watch is nothing at all.

One or two watch winder. Its not what I would purchase as a present, but its not me.

Any suggestions gents.

Master
    I'm in the they're-a-waste-of-money camp, and I also don't like the security implications of loads of watches being in a conspicuous winder, but - to address the question - that was not before I bought a WOLF, which are well-made and have good after-sales service.

Craftsman
    Last I checked for one of these was on amazon....... I was spoilt for choice or confused for choice not sure which one.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    been looking recently and like the look of the wolf brand, not sure if theyre the bollox or not but look decent to me....

https://hamiltonandlewis.co.uk/colle...xoCE8AQAvD_BwE

Master
    I've got this one I bought from Massdrop in the US a while back. Even with Import taxes worked out significantly cheaper. Massively overpriced for what it is, but I have to say the motors are silent and you can't hear it running which may be something to factor. Another thing to consider is whether he would want/need the winder to be battery-operated as well as mains, which gives the option to keep in a safe if needed.

https://hamiltonandlewis.co.uk/colle...winder-4526029

Master
    I just bought one off ebay. It was dirt cheap, no quibble 30 day return, battery or main, looks well made and runs silenter(?) than the Barrington single winder I already own. It doesn't have all the rotational options but so what? more to go wrong.