closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Made in Britain on TV - bremont spotlight

Made in Britain on TV - bremont spotlight

Did anyone else see this last night on ITV4? The last 15 minutes or so were focused all on Bremont, described as one of the top 10 chronometer manufacturers in the world, with interviews and narratives with Nick and Gilles. Having been on the Factory tour earlier this year (both machine shop and assembly line) arranged by one of our own here on TZ, it was great to see the programme.

Evening Brad. I've just watched this via the ITV Hub; thanks for highlighting it. I'm still contemplating the purchase of a Codebreaker.
    Last edited by Skier; 25th June 2019 at 21:02.

My fondness for the brand is definitely only growing, with the more I learn about them and their approach and products, the more i want.

I was at the boutique last week, you know, just happened to be passing, and tried this one on. I still lose my way around the model references but I think this was the 45mm s2000. Apparently can be preordered but not available to buy yet. I really like this one, and if anyone has a connection that can get discounts on rrp, please get in touch.

Code breaker isnt a model i was familiar with. Looking at the case back pictures though, that’s quite a movement, could look at that for hours.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thought the code breaker was all sold out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    My fondness for the brand is definitely only growing, with the more I learn about them and their approach and products, the more i want.

I was at the boutique last week, you know, just happened to be passing, and tried this one on. I still lose my way around the model references but I think this was the 45mm s2000. Apparently can be preordered but not available to buy yet. I really like this one, and if anyone has a connection that can get discounts on rrp, please get in touch.

Yep that's the new S2000 yellow. Did you try the bracelet? I'd highly recommend it, divers extension, micro adjustments and polished bevels.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Thought the code breaker was all sold out.
    It is but there are several available pre-owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Launched 6 years ago today, just popped up on Facebook. Great night.
    My fav ltd edition.

Craftsman
    I really want to love this brand and think the MB II is their best by far but too many models mean that I cannot see any “evolution” in the brand. I really think this necessary to elevate the brand status, I am thinking Rolex Sub, Porsche 911, love them or loathe them they are instantly recognisable as nothing else.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    From what I remember they held their money and some. Great piece though.

Wow, a Bremont thread and no pitch forks? The place is changing and in this instance certainly for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Launched 6 years ago today, just popped up on Facebook. Great night.
    My fav ltd edition.
    Blimey, was that 6 years ago?!

Quote Originally Posted by browjam View Post
    I really want to love this brand and think the MB II is their best by far but too many models mean that I cannot see any “evolution” in the brand. I really think this necessary to elevate the brand status, I am thinking Rolex Sub, Porsche 911, love them or loathe them they are instantly recognisable as nothing else.
    Speaking of instantly, the 911 came out when Porsche was 32 years old, and the Sub when Rolex was 48 years old.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Speaking of instantly, the 911 came out when Porsche was 32 years old, and the Sub when Rolex was 48 years old.
    That is a fair point, let’s see how they evolve

But surely they clearly had their own defining watch features from the start? The three part (trip-tick) case with the darker barrel and downturned lugs on the front bezel are a brand-defining design signature.

I still think my Alt1-P (one of their earliest ones, serial number under 200) is some of the best spent watch money, ever.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

I still think my Alt1-P (one of their earliest ones, serial number under 200) is some of the best spent watch money, ever.

Dave
    I’d definitely agree with that. Very nice looking watch indeed.

Time to come clean.
    I think I may actually have grown to want a Bremont😳
    Gray