closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good case size for a ladies watch?

Good case size for a ladies watch?

Its a surprise gift but I'm wondering what would be the ideal size for a ladies watch, hoping some people on here have bought one for their other half and can advise, is 34mm too big and is 26mm too size, that's my dilemma...

New datejust is 28, the old at 26 was too small. Might be what you're looking for. The 31mm is quite a bit bigger. Looks more than 3mm bigger.

Really depends on size/wrist size and preference.

24-26mm looks better on some wrists than 38-31mm for example.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Really depends on size/wrist size and preference.

24-26mm looks better on some wrists than 38-31mm for example.
    Yep that's my dilemma, without the person knowing...

If your wife is younger then she will appreciate a larger watch to accentuate the slimness of her wrist.
    A more mature lady, however, will not have been introduced to this school of thought and so will assume a smaller watch is "right".
    Mostly true - provided the wrist is petite enough - otherwise it exaggerates wrist size.
    Much as a.large watch makes a small male wrist look effeminate.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 25th June 2019 at 20:56.

Craftsman
    My wife has slim wrists (the rest not so):) she is a size 12,over the years (mid 40’s now) the watch size has increased probably due to eyesight and fashion. Started off with 26mm then 31mm and now she wears a 34mm OP and it looks just about right. I have tried offloading my 36mm explorer but it does look a little oversized.

Craftsman
    Depends on wrist size but with increasing size in watches we recently bought a 31mm over 28mm and it looks perfect and is a lot easier to read

My wife is tiny. 5ft nothing, size 6, very slim wrists. She has everything from 26mm right up to 37mm and has recently taken a real liking to my new 36mm Everest, which I can see becoming shared (if I’m not very careful!).

I guess that’s not terribly helpful but it does kind of show that there’s no real set size for a woman’s watch or for that matter, a man’s.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    New datejust is 28, the old at 26 was too small. Might be what you're looking for. The 31mm is quite a bit bigger. Looks more than 3mm bigger.
    Exactly this. I took my slim and elegant girlfriend to look at DJs a while ago. I was convinced that the 31mm would be the one but she totally rocked the 28mm. She is very stylish and always looks $1M so I take her comments on all things sartorial seriously. The 28mm looks so much classier than the much larger wearing 31mm.

Master
    This sort of thing comes up every week and the general consensus is never to buy your wife or son a surprise present because if the OP does not know what to buy, a bunch of old men who have never met the person concerned won't have the slightest clue what she wants.

Best bet is to take her out to the AD and let her chose, that will be the only way she will really get what she wants. Throw in a good lunch and you will make her day.

The old men on this forum can't even agree amongst themselves let alone recommend something for a woman they have never met.

Master
    New datejust is 28mm and is perfect IMHO for a lady with slim wrists.

It't the budget that's always the problem.I bought this and wanted to spend under 5k and spent over 7k...

Master
    I would try to fish out some more information from her first. My Mrs has always hinted she preferred a larger watch 38-40mm, so I’m thinking something like an oyster perpetual grape dial

On the plus side I could borrow it too every now and then

Journeyman
    I haven't got any advice because I don't know the person. I bought my wife a ladies rose gold Reverso as an anniversary gift. I chose it because I know she loves art deco and 30s style and it is killer. If I had been buying 10 years ago for my ex, it would have been an Omega SMP midsize as she was an avid diver. It's hard to advise on watches, let alone watch sizing unless you know a person's style, body, age etc.. I wish you luck, I'm sure they'll be thrilled whichever way you go so long as it's a considered purchase that reflects their current tastes and lifestyle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The correct answer is somewhere between 28-47 mm.
    Mick P is partially right, IMO in that the members here who don’t know your partner are really not qualified to offer any meaningful advice. However, I feel asking her what she would like or taking her to buy it is boring and unromantic. If there is a concern, buy it from a place where returns/exchanges are possible and there is enough choice should an exchange be necessary.

Surprise her by taking her to the shop to choose her own. My size 10 other half grabbed the Seiko 5 I was about to dispose of, and loves it. Wouldn’t want an expensive watch apparently.