closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Solar PADI Hex Screwdriver Help Please

Seiko Solar PADI Hex Screwdriver Help Please

Afternoon all,

I'm going to be changing the shroud on my SNE 499. Can anyone tell me what hex driver size I need please and also where I might get one?

Many thanks.

I’d just pop into any tool shop/onto Amazon and buy a set of metric and imperial. I seem to use them all the time on my air rifles, assembling furniture, tinkering with the car - not expensive either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I must have 50 or 60 allen keys in the garage but these ones are tiny, hence the question. I'm hoping someone knows the exact size so I can buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’d just pop into any tool shop/onto Amazon and buy a set of metric and imperial. I seem to use them all the time on my air rifles, assembling furniture, tinkering with the car - not expensive either

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I must have 50 or 60 allen keys in the garage but these ones are tiny, hence the question. I'm hoping someone knows the exact size so I can buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

I asked the fella I'm buying the shroud from for the size and he's going to send the right tool. Result!

Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I asked the fella I'm buying the shroud from for the size and he's going to send the right tool. Result!

Thanks anyway.
    I would be interested to know the size, Shroud on its way from Hong Kong, will probably get here before the watch from Earnest Jones!

Master
    I'll.let you know tomorrow morning if you haven't found out by then, changed mine for a Yobokies and remember it being quite small (thinking 1mm).

Cheers, Toddy

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say I'm on 12hr nights so can't look at the moment.

It's a 1.5mm hex tool but be careful removing the Seiko screws. They're made of cheese and if the tool doesn't have a good tight fit, the heads can be easily rounded off.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It's a 1.5mm hex tool but be careful removing the Seiko screws. They're made of cheese and if the tool doesn't have a good tight fit, the heads can be easily rounded off.
    Thank you, I had read that somewhere so was think of putting a small piece of loo paper on the end of the tool for a bit of grip and protection from scratches.

Get really good Allen Keys, not a set of cheapies. Cheap ones will be soft and deform then make a mess of the screws. Get good quality and use the 1.5mm without messing around with bits of toilet paper.

Thanks very much, 1.5mm.

Like I said earlier, the company supplying the shroud is sending me the right tool.

I'll be sure to be careful :)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Get really good Allen Keys, not a set of cheapies. Cheap ones will be soft and deform then make a mess of the screws. Get good quality and use the 1.5mm without messing around with bits of toilet paper.

Is it Yobokies?

No, they're called Stitches & Buckles and are well known in the modding world.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Is it Yobokies?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    No, they're called Stitches & Buckles and are well known in the modding world.
    I'd be interested in seeing this. The problem I had with the Yobokies shroud was the holes weren't deep/wide enough so the screws protruded more than my sanity could take.

If Stitches & Buckles have solved that problem I might have to revisit a Solar.

I'll certainly let you know how I get on.

I'd be interested in seeing this. The problem I had with the Yobokies shroud was the holes weren't deep/wide enough so the screws protruded more than my sanity could take.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

I tried two of Harolds/Yobokies shrouds and couldn't get either to fit as the internal rim of the shroud wasn't accurately milled, having said that his customer service was excellent.
    A half decent allen key is essential, I found out the hard way but thankfully got replacement screws quickly (Seiko UK wouldn't supply direct and I had to go through a dealer)