closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V

Anyone had one of these? I'm thinking of consolidating most of the collection and getting one of these with blue dial - particularly keen on the quick change bracelet functionality and the fact it comes with bracelet plus leather and rubber straps so essentially 3 in 1. For those who have handled one how did you find it as I'm keen to get thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V

Ryan

Matt (Mhurley) has the 4500v in blue and from conversations he loves it. I've tried it on several times in the VC boutique, Blue > Brown > Black > Silver are how I'd rank the dials ( not a fan of the silver when compared with the 47040 dial)

I'm in the look out for one as well to add to my VC collection but not at retail (£17.5), I'll explain more in a PM & the comparison against the Gen 2.

All in all its a great watch, the quick strap changing mechanism & it's WR are just a few of the basic day 2 day benifits thay separate it from the AP RO ( more people would realise this if they took off their Genta blinkers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by optix; 25th June 2019 at 08:19.

Master
    Really classy piece, I love them.

the video of the quick strap changing system's really cool

https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...110a-b128.html

Thanks for this. I agree retail is hideous but I can get around 35% off so that makes it slightly less hideous
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Ryan

Matt (Mhurley) has the 4500v in blue and from conversations he loves it. I've tried it on several times in the VC boutique, Blue > Brown > Black > Silver are how I'd rank the dials ( not a fan of the silver when compared with the 47040 dial)

I'm in the look out for one as well to add to my VC collection but not at retail (£17.5), I'll explain more in a PM & the comparison against the Gen 2.

All in all its a great watch, the quick strap changing mechanism & it's WR are just a few of the basic day 2 day benifits thay separate it from the AP RO ( more people would realise this if they took off their Genta blinkers)

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post

Great video of a wonderful watch. Blue dial all the way.

The minor adjustment system on the metal bracelet needs to be taken notice of by AP with the Royal Oak and PP with the Nautilus its a work of art.

Master
    Great video, why can’t they all do something like that? I’d change straps for fun. Nice watches too.

I have the blue dial and like most who've owned one I really love it. Objectively it is a superb watch with Geneva seal, high quality finish and a stunning dial, which I gather is very similar to the FP journe chronometre bleu (may even be made by the same people if I recall correctly). The strap change mechanism clinches it for me as it makes the watch truly versatile. At 35% off I wouldn't hesitate

The micro adjustment on the bracelet is incredible. If the discount includes the blue dial you have to consider it. The chronograph is the one to have but the retail on that is even more stupid.

I've handled the new Overseas Dual time recently which is a very similar watch at the VC Boutique in Old Bond Street, I was smitten,the finishing and attention to detail is just superb, the display back is a nice new touch and the quick change strap system is just inspired. I love that as you say they give you the rubber and leather along with the bracelet as part of the package, I really want one of these but again not at RRP which is 21k

Craftsman
    I've tried on several of the models and ran a thread here on a comparison of the small model (2300V) and the larger model.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=2300V

I've ummed and arr'd for ages over this whether the sizes were right for me as the 4500V is a little on the large side. But now i've had a month to reflect on it I can get away with the full size model. I would advise you to try it on, but as another backer of this watch I would say that I'm hopefully placing my order today for the blue dial at £12,700 new.

I have the third gen panda chrono version. I I think the 3rd gen models are fantastic. I absolutely love mine and wear it more than my AP 15202.

If you can get a good deal and price is not major issue, I would recommend.

Some pics.

Some more pics

The Panda is definitely my favourite of all the Chrono variants

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post

Fascinating,has anyone else ever had a similar system?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    The 2018 Cartier Santos I believe now uses something similar.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    The 2018 Cartier Santos I believe now uses something similar.
    It does have something similar.... Richemont have some overlap in tech between VC & Cartier the basic fiftysix is another example.

Master
    I've tried on several of the models and ran a thread here on a comparison of the small model (2300V) and the larger model.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=2300V

I've ummed and arr'd for ages over this whether the sizes were right for me as the 4500V is a little on the large side. But now i've had a month to reflect on it I can get away with the full size model. I would advise you to try it on, but as another backer of this watch I would say that I'm hopefully placing my order today for the blue dial at £12,700 new.
    whats the retail on one?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Garmin - Fenix 5 series have QuickFit bands - similar (but not the same)

Cheers,
    MarkC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    whats the retail on one?
    Retail on 4500V is £17,500, and 2300V is about 800 quid cheaper I think.

Can someone please buy a 2000V and show it off here, cheers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Can someone please buy a 2000V and show it off here, cheers.
    I'll be happy to volunteer once I get my crowdfund up and running and you can all contribute ;)

Master
    Retail on 4500V is £17,500, and 2300V is about 800 quid cheaper I think.
    where are you getting the deal at £12.7....

Love them - Just 3mm too big. Dammit.

Craftsman
    Yeah I own one. Great watch. In fact it's put me off being interested in buying anything else in future. My only criticism is that on a few occasions the clasp unhooked itself when I'm putting on or taking off a long sleeve top/jacket. The release buttons for the clasp are on the sides so sometimes it can catch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

PM'd you

Lovely watch even if I don’t have complete faith in the durability of Ryan’s consolidation scheme. Hope it all works out.

I have looked at this watch in detail in boutiques a couple of times (the blue chrono version) There are some issues with the strap changing system. For the bracelet - great it all works very well but for the other two straps it is not as elegant. Both these straps (rubber and leather) share the same deployant and the mechanism by which it is changed and attached to each strap is not as well engineered as the watch head end. It tends to flop around and be quite fiddly when you swap the deployant.
    Discounts are readily available - I was offered 25% off the blue chrono version without asking so I suspect more is available as per the op.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Dibbs when you flip

Master
    I visited the VC boutique on old Bond Street to look at the Gen 3 having has the Gen 2 on my list for a long time. I have to say I was disappointed at the re-profiling of the case / bezel and the flat dial although the strap / bracelet options were nice. Was happy to pick up a Gen 2, 47040 white / silver dial on bracelet in excellent condition a few months back - I wrote a review here with lots of pictures:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...(47040)-review
    Last edited by mtagrant; 25th June 2019 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    I have the blue dial and like most who've owned one I really love it. Objectively it is a superb watch with Geneva seal, high quality finish and a stunning dial, which I gather is very similar to the FP journe chronometre bleu (may even be made by the same people if I recall correctly). The strap change mechanism clinches it for me as it makes the watch truly versatile. At 35% off I wouldn't hesitate

Beautiful. Not directly relevant to the OP, but I think Journe do all their own dial work... https://youtu.be/E6WMenS141A