closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stealth Wealth Watch Brand

Hybrid View

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    We read and hear so many variations of this theme- quartz is more accurate than mechanical, wristwatches are unnecessary etc that it sounds boring, unimaginative, uninteresting and lazy even if there might be a smidgen of truth to it.
    It's not a criticism. I've not been here long so I could all too easily be guilty of trotting out well worn tropes. However, a different but equally well-worn trope on another watch forum I frequent is watch collectors - who are almost by definition a weird bunch, compared to the average Joe - calling other watch collectors weird/absurd/deviant because of the choices they make with respect to their personal watch collecting. Which was what my post was aiming to highlight.
    Last edited by Zakalwe; 26th June 2019 at 13:46.

Craftsman
    Apparently these look like Daniel Wellington's

Guess it's why one of the reason's I like VC over AP, it goes under the radar when compared to its peers. Apart from in Singapore when I was stopped several times by local's to discuss VC, Lange & PP due to me having one on my wrist

Moser is very much under the radar & so is Grand Seiko like previously mentioned, people see the Seiko and automatically discredit it

Quote Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
    It's not a criticism. I've not been here long so I could all too easily be guilty of trotting out well worn tropes. However, a different but equally well-worn trope on another watch forum I frequent is watch collectors - who are almost by definition a weird bunch, compared to the average Joe - calling other watch collectors weird/absurd/deviant because of the choices they make with respect to their personal watch collecting. Which was what my post was aiming to highlight.
    You will find that it is true to some extent here as well. I think that is a function of Internet fora. Everywhere there will be forum favorites, certain things that are favored by majority, certain prevailing prejudices and certain attitudes. Thankfully there are enough members here to have at least some diversity even though their voices might be drowned out by more vocal majority at times.