closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Equus Straps

Equus Straps

Anyone got one? I'm looking to have a brown alligator made for my gold b2 and curious if anyone has had one from them? In particular I'm hoping for a comfort strap since the b2 is heavy and 44mm.

https://www.equusleather.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Ironically they appear not to sell cordovan or horse hide straps.

Don't own one, but could hardly imagine anyone who does saying they're tat. They look superb, and are no doubt the dogs danglies, but the prices are eye-watering in comparison to what, say, Hirsch are asking for virtually the same thing. If money is no object, then flll your boots and get two!

We're here if you have any questions!

Addresing prices - we are a lot more expensive than Hirsch, but what we're making is diametrically different than them. 100% hand made and hand stitched, best leathers in the world, 100% leather throughout the strap, no cardboard or plastic fillers, in no sense mass produced. Hirsch are perfectly good straps, but totally different ethos to us. Hirsch make a good product at a reasonable price, we make the best straps we can possibly make without any compromises - each one is a at least 4 hours work, often more for complex straps. Our aim is never based on price or profit margin, its always to make the best straps in the world, and pricing reflects the time (or actually sometimes not as much as it should!). We are generally around the same or sometimes a little cheaper than APB or Camille Fornet for an equivalent fully hand stitched strap. That certainly means we arent going to represent good value for everyone - respect that fully, and Hirsch et all will always come in cheaper - I think we probably serve a different and smaller niche of people who are after specific things and into our type of craftsmanship though

Heres a video showing a little of how we work

We work in a number or leathers and we've made straps for some of the finest watches available as well as working some of the top end of the UK and Swiss industry. Im always here or on email to answer any questions anyone has

:-)

Charlie
    Last edited by Equus; 25th June 2019 at 11:38. Reason: Video didnt work!

Thanks all. In particular I'm after something comfortable, so nicely padded, ideally anti gravity to reduce the weight of my watch.

Excellent video, thanks. I love seeing skilled craftspeople at work. Very expensive straps but hey, if you can afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by jakesblue View Post
    Thanks all. In particular I'm after something comfortable, so nicely padded, ideally anti gravity to reduce the weight of my watch.

Anti grav we're yet to come with a solution for, padding and comfortable we can certainly do though. Maybe the solution to the weight is something comfortable and robust enough you can have it reasonably tight so the watch isnt moving on your wrist? A key part will be the lining, our Zermatt is really really comfortable, but also hypoallergenic and water hesitant so it ages well, thats a good start. Anyway - drop me a PM or an email if you like, or let me know here and we can work out the details of what'll work well for you and the watch.

If people dont know our work, this is us - admins feel free to delete if the link is felt to be inappropriate

https://www.equusleather.co.uk/watch-straps.html

Charlie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Excellent video, thanks. I love seeing skilled craftspeople at work. Very expensive straps but hey, if you can afford it!
    Glad you enjoyed it, thank you!

Thanks Charlie, appreciate the details. I'll drop you a PM, I'm not far from where you're based so I might arrange to pop over at some point to talk through some ideas if that's okay?

Quote Originally Posted by jakesblue View Post
    Thanks Charlie, appreciate the details. I'll drop you a PM, I'm not far from where you're based so I might arrange to pop over at some point to talk through some ideas if that's okay?

Yes, absolutely fine, drop me a line and we can organise somthing - always a pleasuring meeting other watch people

Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    Yes, absolutely fine, drop me a line and we can organise somthing - always a pleasuring meeting other watch people
    Thanks, will do!

Quick photo from a strap completed today as an example of the kind of work we do. This is CITES certified wild alligator sourced from Heng Long (sourcing matters to us, a lot) made for an Apple Watch. We're one of very few people to use Made for Apple Watch hardwear - a real pain and a lot of hoop jumping to get in the program, it matters that the lugs are as good as the strap and the watch though. We do far more work with Swiss and other mechanical watches, but I'm an Apple person so we have a soft spot for Apple watches

Charlie

Craftsman
    Super work Charlie. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    Super work Charlie. 
    Thank you, appreciated :-)

Hi Guys,

Thought Id share a quick photo of somthing we've been working on. This is a strap built around the metal strap insert the original strap for this watch uses. We do stuff like this quite a lots a) because so often OEM straps are a bit rubbish and b) a lot of watch companies stop making straps for the watches they make which is incredibly shoddy IMO. Anyway!

Charlie