closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a new Sinn

Craftsman

Buying a new Sinn

Quick question hopefully , thinking of adding a 104 to my collection (Specifically ST SA I back dial and bracelet) , I have seen that Sellors, First Class Watch and Chrononext can all source them but looking at the prices it appears I may as well buy direct from Sinn in Germany, has anyone done this and what are your thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Quick question hopefully , thinking of adding a 104 to my collection (Specifically ST SA I back dial and bracelet) , I have seen that Sellors, First Class Watch and Chrononext can all source them but looking at the prices it appears I may as well buy direct from Sinn in Germany, has anyone done this and what are your thoughts ?
    Buying through germany is pain free in my experience but I would look at Chronomaster. Neil is an AD and is a pleasure to deal with.

Craftsman
    +1 for Chronomaster, as said, Neil is a gent. Cheers, John B4

I’d try Andreas Huber in Innsbruck
    Met him a couple of times, a genuinely nice guy who is also a qualified watchmaker
    Recently offered me a 903 for nearly £400 cheaper than in this country, and that was list, no discount

I've no experience with this seller so I offer it up only as a comparison: www.classic-watch.de/de/sinn-shop.html

I have bought a number of Sinn’s & accessories. Chronomaster have a good reputation but I wouldn’t use again. I also have had no issues with Jura. Last two watches I have purchased direct from Sinn.
    Having owned the mode your after, it is a fantastic watch, you won’t regret it.

Craftsman
    Bought both my U1 and 756 from Jura when they were in London, very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    I may as well buy direct from Sinn in Germany, has anyone done this and what are your thoughts ?
    I didn't buy my watch from Sinn directly, but having bought the bracelet from them, I wish I had done. Their customer service was excellent. They even provided pre-paid shipping when I changed my mind about which bracelet I wanted.

When I had issues with the watch itself, P&C just acted as middlemen for servicing done by Sinn anyway, adding delays and very likely mis-handling it, resulting in the watch having to be returned more than once. I had to pay all the postage for those extra return trips, which I am pretty certain Sinn would have covered, given that they didn't have to do so in the case of the bracelet. I'm sure they would do at least the same for warranty issues. That said, I would call them up to double-check their policy to be sure, because international insured postage can get expensive.

I've generally heard good things about Neil at Chronomaster, but I wouldn't hesitate to go direct.

PS: Off the topic of the thread, I recently had to send back Steinhart that I assumed would be out of warranty but no, they fixed it under warranty and also the postage costs both ways. Really surprised at how good their service was too. Maybe it's a German thing?

With my last two (non-Sinn) purchases being through Chrono24, I would be very confident of using a German dealer on the portal, if there was a significant saving over Neil at Chronomaster. I would also have equal confidence in Chronext and Montredo

Dave

I recently bought a 104 from Neil at Chronomaster and the service and price was excellent. The watch was in stock and arrived literally the next day. I thought in the UK you couldn’t buy direct from Sinn anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Strebor View Post
    I thought in the UK you couldn’t buy direct from Sinn anymore?
    They deliver within the EU for €50.

Master
    Have had 4 watches from Neil over the years. Gave me a great price on my 857 UTC LH Cargo recently.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Chronomaster gets my vote but whatever you do don't buy from Page & Cooper

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I've had better service from the latter than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I've had better service from the latter than the former.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Well lucky you. Most forum members would not touch em with a barge pole, for good reason!
    I know. Hence my contrary opinion. I've bought 3 watches from P&C, as well as two Sinn straps and buckles. Only one issue - an unstamped warranty card on one of the watches. They did me another, and posted it out to me First Class, was with me the next day.

I've already documented my problems with Chronomaster on here at great length, so I won't bore you with them again.

Craftsman
    I bought my 104 from First Class Watches. They were easy to deal with and quick delivery.

I got a 10% discount which they seem to periodically offer.