closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laptop PSU - 16v vs 19v

Laptop PSU - 16v vs 19v

Quick but urgent Q please gents...

I came to the IoM and left my laptop charger behind. My Toughbook needs a 16v supply. Mrs Draft has just driven the length of the Island to PC world where the salesman sent her home with a “universal” PSU with 19v output. We’re in the car heading back to PC World now before they close in an hour- obviously my concern is that what they’ve sold her will fry my machine. Am I right to be concerned?

Thank you.

I have personally used a higher voltage out psu on a lower required voltage laptop but it was more by accident as the connector was the same and it was a work laptop, the laptop didn’t blow up but that was probably more luck than anything else.

Thank you. Have to say I’ve returned the one to PC World for a refund. Don’t suppose by any chance any of the Manx members here are Toughbook users and could lend me a charger until tomorrow? 😬

General advice when I just searched seem to be big NO so returning the brick was for the best.

I'd be wary....

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...ghbook.708555/

Yes I read that one post about 20v. BUT, I have also read posts about needing to replace fuses on the motherboard or entire motherboard after running a 19v power supply. DO NOT RUN 20V