closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Catch-22

Catch-22

I was in two minds about watching the new TV version, but after reading some decent reviews I think I'll dig out the book for a re-read and then give it a go. Anyone else bothering with it?
    F.T.F.A.

Watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good. Love the book so I hope it continues to do it justice.

Brilliant book, I think the first episode on tv was good enough to keep me watching it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Brilliant book, series looks promising too.
    But I don't remember the George Clooney character and his aldulterous missus in the book?
    Could be wrong thogh...

Master
    Watched the first, will keep going, never read the book but will remedy that, have seen the film but that was so long ago I don’t reall remember much of it.

The book is fantastic.

I found the sequel a bit underwhelming, but Bombardiers by Po Brosnan does something similar and enjoyable.

I’m looking forward to catching up with the TV series.

Catch-22

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Brilliant book, series looks promising too.
    But I don't remember the George Clooney character and his aldulterous missus in the book?
    Could be wrong thogh...
    Here’s a summary of the Lt then Gen. Scheisskopf and Mrs characters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheisskopf

Looking forward to this series. The book is great, the 1970 film is just okay. Complex book so perhaps the longer TV series will be a better medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The book is one of my all time favourites, so I was pretty keen to give the TV version a go. Based on the 1st episode I was pleasantly surprised. Will wait to see how it develops but a solid start. The production values look seriously high.
    J

I haven't seen any episodes yet.
    I heard some critics review the whole series. The gist of their comments was to give the first two episodes a go even if they're slow for you as the rest of the series is fantastic. As mentioned before, the production is supposed to be really good..

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Here’s a summary of the Lt then Gen. Scheisskopf and Mrs characters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheisskopf

Looking forward to this series. The book is great, the 1970 film is just okay. Complex book so perhaps the longer TV series will be a better medium.

Yes of course, I seem to remember that, thanks!
    Time to read it again methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Yes of course, I seem to remember that, thanks!
    Time to read it again methinks!
    It’s all new to me again, I read the book, must be nearly 40 years ago.

It’s my favourite book of all time, read it a dozen times and have a signed early edition (bought as a leaving present from my team) and I’m looking forward to see how this works. Since it’s such a multi layered and complex book I don’t think any series could do it real justice but I’ve heard good things about this interpretation.

Master
    Blog Entries
    One of the best books I've ever read. I liked the first episode & will continue watching it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    It’s my favourite book of all time, read it a dozen times and have a signed early edition (bought as a leaving present from my team) and I’m looking forward to see how this works. Since it’s such a multi layered and complex book I don’t think any series could do it real justice but I’ve heard good things about this interpretation.
    That was my thought. If it's only half as good as the book it'll still be worth watching

Master
    My favourite book too, must have been through 4-5 copies since i first read it 32 years ago.
    Opening episode was good, introduced the characters pretty well and as has been said, the production values are impressive. Very much looking forward to the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    My favourite book too, must have been through 4-5 copies since i first read it 32 years ago.
    Opening episode was good, introduced the characters pretty well and as has been said, the production values are impressive. Very much looking forward to the rest of it.
    I have a copy in German which was supposed to help me learn the language but when i loaned it to a German friend of mine she said I’d have no chance since she struggled with half of the words

Eh? It's called Catch 22?? But.....

Craftsman
    Have read the book a few times over the years an think that the series is pretty faithful from the episodes so far