closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steel sports

Steel sports

Just popped a new battery in the Tag Heuer 2000. I’m guilty of not paying enough attention to this watch, and am probably also guilty of being a bit too sniffy of a watch that I got almost a quarter of a century ago, before knowledge and resources took me down some other paths.

Coming back to it afresh, as it were, the Tag is executed to a tremendous level of quality. The seconds hand hits every marker every bit as cleanly as my Grand Seiko. The clasp snicks and snaps as crisply as the explorer.

This last year or two, I’m finding that I don’t wear steel sports watches nearly as often as I used to. When I do though, I’m going to start to wear the Tag a bit more. If, like me, you’ve got one in a drawer somewhere… maybe it’s time to rethink it :)

(And yes, I know the date’s wrong. Going to wait till the morning to advance it)

Almost the same as the Tag Heuer I bought in 1993, for £450 iirc. Mine was stolen by an ex in 99, but I do sometimes think about buying one again

Still a very decent watch

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made me laugh! Have one in a box. Watch offered by my dad for my 21. Bday. I have not worn it in 10 years and of course the battery is dead. The end links are so week on these and that’s ultimately what made me stop wearing it, or was it the Seamster 300 offered for my 30+ birthday...

Just make sure you remove the battery if it’s going into long term storage. Those things can leak and corrode or otherwise damage the movement.

Journeyman
    Love my old Tag 2000!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Cool Type Demineur, looks like the one I sold a few years ago. Wish I hadn’t.

Also had a TH quartz, and an EXP. what a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Cool Type Demineur, looks like the one I sold a few years ago. Wish I hadn’t.

Also had a TH quartz, and an EXP. what a coincidence
    Ha! Great minds and all that ;)