closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Rover Question???

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    We’ve had an Evoque Dynamic Lux for the last 4 years. Apart from one electrical glitch just after buying it, it’s been faultless. Mind you it has got the bullet proof 2.2 engine, not the temperamental 2.0 ingenium lump. I’d never buy any diesel car that needs addblue.
    I had the same - was an amazing car - and wish I'd kept it tbh

I have an insight into LR - the new evoque is a good car - wouldn't touch a Velar with a bargepole - Disco Sport newest model is good - but the NEW defender is going to be a BIG seller - BEAST

I had a Vogue a good few yers back - never missed a beat - ran it for 8 months - not that thirsty really considering the size

Get a good service history and ask the garage if they wouldn't mid you take it to an MOT centre of your choice..... you'll soon know for £30 when it's being prodded and looked over....

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Its like a high maintainance wife
    Not many have them for long.
    ^^^
    I think this just about sums it up.

They are very expensive cars and cannot be run on a shoestring budget, in fact you are likely to need a 'generous' budget.....

If you can live with the potential for big bills and the constant worry of a semi-terminal breakdown, then they are lovely cars to own and drive.

They are the quintessential Head vs Heart car.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Which engine has fewer problems, the 2 litre or 2.2 litre diesel?

Eddie
    Some say the 2.0 Ingenium has problems, but had the last two cars with it in and no problems whatsoever. Perhaps I'm just fortunate, as I said, I had a Freelander and never had engine problems!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

AHH, go on. You know you want to.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Which engine has fewer problems, the 2 litre or 2.2 litre diesel?

Eddie
    The Ford 2.2l has been less troublesome. This makes for interesting reading. Its one of the longest H&V entries on the site:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbyca...que-2011/good/

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    There's always one...

No, there's two.

I've a 2002 L322 which i've owned for 8 years.
    One of the most reliable cars i've ever owned, and that includes comparing it to the epitome of reliabilty i once owned, a Volvo .

Master
    I have a 12 year old rx400h it's in the top 3 of cars I've owned for practicality and reliability, nothing but routine servicing and consumables and if you can find an indy to work on it they are incredibly cheap to run - I had a new rad and exhaust mid section at just under 100k miles and it cost me £400 - and that's the worst that's happened.
    They are pretty nippy too thanks to the electric assist and MPG while not amazing is damn good with 40+ mpg on a long leisurely trip perfectly attainable.
    Worst thing about them is the PSD gearbox which, while it provides an entertaining amount of smooth acceleration, makes the engine sound like a wounded cow, also if you have worn front tyres or they are under inflated you can get some truly epic torque steer. The fix for this is easy, keep the fronts in good condition and turn up the truly magnificent Mark Levinson stereo a bit (you have to spec the ML kit - it's fantastic).

I bought a Velar a few months ago. Specced it up a lot.

Its stunning to look at, stunning to sit in. It's a b@stard on petrol bills and has an electrical issue which is getting sorted.

So with that I know now would I get one again (at the time the only competitor for my money was a Tesla or a Macan). The answer is probably. The electrical fault is minor (sometimes the audio doesn't work). Cabin quality is miles ahead of the competition and I'd certainly get it ahead of the Macan as what's most important to me is the luxurious side of it. I didnt expect it to be so thirsty (yes I know a 3 litre petrol is going to do low MPG but it is way below what was advertised). And this cost is what might make me consider the Tesla in hindsight but that being said the Velar interior is miles ahead of the Tesla. Thing with the Velar (and I imagine RR in general) is you need to spec them highly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I bought a Velar a few months ago. Specced it up a lot.

Its stunning to look at, stunning to sit in. It's a b@stard on petrol bills and has an electrical issue which is getting sorted.

So with that I know now would I get one again (at the time the only competitor for my money was a Tesla or a Macan). The answer is probably. The electrical fault is minor (sometimes the audio doesn't work). Cabin quality is miles ahead of the competition and I'd certainly get it ahead of the Macan as what's most important to me is the luxurious side of it. I didnt expect it to be so thirsty (yes I know a 3 litre petrol is going to do low MPG but it is way below what was advertised). And this cost is what might make me consider the Tesla in hindsight but that being said the Velar interior is miles ahead of the Tesla. Thing with the Velar (and I imagine RR in general) is you need to spec them highly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Looking at various makers configurators, in anticipation of trading the Jag in next march, it seems that there are less things you can spec on their own without buying some package or upgrade containing other things you don't want. Even the trim and seat colours seem to be harder work if you don't want black.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I had a 2001 L322 that I loved but required both an oil tanker and a fully equipped garage to be following it at all times. The fuel economy I could live with if the routine breaking didnt invariably start at £1k and work upwards. Had to go in the end - amazing when it was working properly though. I remember one journey back from the Higlands of Scotland to the North of England in torrential rain for the entire journey, fully loaded with family and luggage and it was completely sure footed, confidence giving and stable in awful conditions, wouldnt have wanted to have been driving anything else

Charlie

QUOTE=steptoe;5132617]No, there's two.

One of the most reliable cars i've ever owned, and that includes comparing it to the epitome of reliabilty i once owned, a Volvo .[/QUOTE]

Master
    my son has one,uses my workshop to fix it every other weekend,enough said

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    my son has one,uses my workshop to fix it every other weekend,enough said
    Haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    I had a 2001 L322 that I loved but required both an oil tanker and a fully equipped garage to be following it at all times. The fuel economy I could live with if the routine breaking didnt invariably start at £1k and work upwards. Had to go in the end - amazing when it was working properly though. I remember one journey back from the Higlands of Scotland to the North of England in torrential rain for the entire journey, fully loaded with family and luggage and it was completely sure footed, confidence giving and stable in awful conditions, wouldnt have wanted to have been driving anything else

Charlie

QUOTE=steptoe;5132617]No, there's two.

One of the most reliable cars i've ever owned, and that includes comparing it to the epitome of reliabilty i once owned, a Volvo .
    My L322 V8 runs on LPG. Currently 61p a litre where i am ...

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    My L322 V8 runs on LPG. Currently 61p a litre where i am ...
    Mpg presumably less so not an equivalent figure.

Said this before a few times in RR threads.

Had a 4.4 V8 new in 2003; it was off the road for around two weeks in the first year, left me stranded four times (one on Xmas Eve at 5pm) and had over £8k of warranty work billed in three years.

Run away!