closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BB58 on all three manufacturers straps/bracelet and a lesson learned...

Master

BB58 on all three manufacturers straps/bracelet and a lesson learned...

I went into the purchase of the bb58 knowing I didn’t want it on the bracelet as I had a Pelagos and omega AT on the bracelet and a longines on rubber, as such I wanted some variety.

I was smitten with the look and comfort until the weather got warmer and i realised i need a strap for hotter sweatier conditions. Off I go to the AD to buy the nato knowing I still don’t want the bracelet. This was my first nato and I love it. No taper makes the watch seem bigger, intimate adjustability allows for the perfect size to be found and it is extremely comfortable but it needs upkeep from sweet and sun tan cream etc.

I then eventually decide that I need a bracelet. Thankfully a chap on this forum stepped in and offered me an unworn bracelet at a good price as I was going thorough this thought process. The bracelet is very nicely made, its comfy, not too flashy and looks good. It needs a micro adjuster and the side link rivets are not my cup of tea but it is the most practical of all three and it gives the watch a nice heft.

The lesson:
    I should have realised as my daily I needed the more robust option that required the least maintenance. If it was a weekend watch then not having the bracelet would have been less of an issue. I am 6 years in to this hobby and still learning. If you are still reading this then i applaud you! You are more interested in the drivel of a watch enthusiast than my wife!

Stu

Craftsman
    I think everyone on this forum has gone through this, I just wish they made a bronze bracelet for my BBB but I suspect it would make my wrist filthy

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated
    Last edited by browjam; 22nd June 2019 at 07:14. Reason: Spelling

Craftsman
    Your wife sounds like my partner!!!
    I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Your wife sounds like my partner!!!
    I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    As soon as she realises my conversation is about watches her eyes glaze over. She could not care less.

Rule #1: always buy watch on a bracelet, because of all other straps cost peanuts compared to manufacturer prices on steel braelets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Rule #1: always buy watch on a bracelet, because of all other straps cost peanuts compared to manufacturer prices on steel braelets.
    Yep, this is one of the first and most important lessons. Even if you think you don't want it on the bracelet!

Master
    I made exactly the same mistake. Sold the one on leather and, 6 months later, picked up one on bracelet. The bracelet is a key part of what makes this watch the great value proposition it is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I made exactly the same mistake. Sold the one on leather and, 6 months later, picked up one on bracelet. The bracelet is a key part of what makes this watch the great value proposition it is.
    I sold the leather and deployant and got the bracelet at a great price via the forum so luckily only £80 out of pocket. An £80 lesson 😃

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I sold the leather and deployant and got the bracelet at a great price via the forum so luckily only £80 out of pocket. An £80 lesson 
    Outrageously good deal...!

Whilst the BB58 looks great on a range of straps, I reached the conclusion that for me it is most practical on the bracelet.

I still think in a sane non WIS world the BB58 does nicely as a one watch to wear at all times.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Whilst the BB58 looks great on a range of straps, I reached the conclusion that for me it is most practical on the bracelet.

I still think in a sane non WIS world the BB58 does nicely as a one watch to wear at all times.
    Agree but lack of half link and/or micro adjustment is a big miss imo.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Agree but lack of half link and/or micro adjustment is a big miss imo.
    Eh? There are 3 pin settings on the clasp giving you size steps at sub 2mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Eh? There are 3 pin settings on the clasp giving you size steps at sub 2mm.
    Yup but they are 3mm each and having played around with the links and the spaces on the clasp I can’t get it right. Having half links would have solved this issue. Something like the glide lock omega and Rolex use offers more adjustability at small increments.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yup but they are 3mm each and having played around with the links and the spaces on the clasp I can’t get it right. Having half links would have solved this issue. Something like the glide lock omega and Rolex use offers more adjustability at small increments.
    3? I thought I measured them at sub 2. I’ll have to have another look.

A half link would be handy.

Master
    The answer to all such bracelet problems is to buy Ginault's. The quality is superb, as is the glidelock. And not a fake rivet in sight.
    Last edited by ColDaspin; 23rd June 2019 at 19:14.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    3? I thought I measured them at sub 2. I’ll have to have another look.

A half link would be handy.
    Yup. Sounds daft but I am 2mm away from the perfect size. It is either too tight when hot and perfect when cold OR too loose when cold and perfect when hot with a link added and on the tightest point in the clasp.

Craftsman
    They do look fantastic on the leather, I have to say! But ultimately I'd have one on the bracelet I think.

It does go to show how versatile the BB58 is, that it works well on all those different types of straps.

In fact, looks-wise, I'd say the bracelet is my least favourite of the three--but it still looks good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    The answer to all such bracelet problems is to buy Ginault's. The quality is superb, as is the glidelock. And not a fake rivet in sight.
    Did you purchase your bracelet direct from Ginault?
    If so, so how much do they sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Yep, this is one of the first and most important lessons. Even if you think you don't want it on the bracelet!
    Exactly this. And it makes selling a watch easier if it comes with a bracelet.
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Did you purchase your bracelet direct from Ginault?
    If so, so how much do they sell for?
    The OP states that he bought it from a fellow forumer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    The OP states that he bought it from a fellow forumer.
    Think he got an original Tudor BB58 bracelet - I was asking about the Ginault glidelock bracelet.

Master
    Think he was asking another member who posted about Ginault.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    This is of interest........does the Ocean Rover bracelet fit the BB58, has anyone tried?